Sign in to follow this  

jetting help with rekluse

Hi i was riding my new bike for second time today with the rekluse i keep stalling it when coming into corners or when chopping the throttle . its about 40 degress to 45 degrees up here i dont think its the clutch as ive tried to adjust stall speed etc.. and has no bearing on the stalling issue really it helps a bit but i think its to lean maybe air screw adjustment? what you guys think IM running the heavy spring and i know all clearances are right in the clutch I really dont think its clutch , would perhaps turning out air screw half turn help? I had to adjust stall speed really hi to help and makes it a pain to ride around that is why i dont think its clutch plus its easy enough to start in gear. my clearance was double checked at about .036" . apprecitate the help guys im going riding again tomorrow.

Yes, absolutely adjust your low speed fuel screw. We have similar temps here in Boise so out a half or 3/4 of a turn is the norm. Hope this helps :cry:

from your post im not exactly why your stalling but you may try adjusting your idle down somewhat. are you useing the external mount adjuster?? it is posible to have your idle to high and your rekluse set to come on at to low of a rpm. that would cause a stalling situation.

ive tried idle up and down bike is only on second ride i have external perch with heavy spring its not dragging at least i dont think so im pretty sure i really think its in the jetting as will only happen when you give either a quick burst of throttle in corner then shut off immediatly eg coming into a rough sand corner and using the throttle to keep balance after coming off brakes then it just dies. also same thing happens when going up a tight uphill at low rpm and when you crest the top chopping the throttle it will stall. when just ridden around or brake sliding it works perfect as long as you dont chop the throttle on and off.In my manual the jetting is 168 main 42 pilot and 1 7/8 turn out on air screw needle at 4th . when i rode the one time with the stock clutch i never had this problem unless i didnt pull in clutch enough . perhaps there is just enough drag on clutch to kill engine with the cold weather up here and at sea level my feelings are bike is too lean. not sure if air screw will fix this or perhaps a #45 pilot .I have to have the spring in external clutch adjusted to a very hi stall speed to help alleviate this problem but its a pain to ride there slips so much .

im not sure what is going on. i run the light spring in the external perch adjuster and have my idle about normal. my clutch engages just a few hundred rpm above idle. if your ridint along in 2nd or 3rd gear can you lock your back brake up and come to a stop without your bike dying?? if so it sounds like your clutch is disengaging correctly. you could possibly go to 5 tungsten balls.