Sign in to follow this  

Anyone want a big bore kit?

I am thinking of purchasing a big bore kit from Eric Gorr at Foward Motion ( www.ericgorr.com ) and was wondering if anyone wanted to "Get a friend" for a 10% discount. Here are some of the deals...

$10 discount to DirtRider.Net and Thumpertalk members on service work.

$20 discount if you purchased books from this site.

"Get a Friend" An additional 10% discount when you send 2 or more service jobs at one time!

10% DISCOUNT on parts and service for POLICE, FIRE, and MILITARY personnel with valid ID. Free return shipping to APOs, AFOs, and AFBs.

FREE return shipping on parts and service orders that are pre-paid with bank checks and money orders.

10-20% Discounts on aftermarket accessories purchased with service work. Items like intake and exhaust systems, clutch plates and baskets, special tools, brake pads, filters, reeds, handlebars, virtually any name brand accessory or hard part.

If I can find a friend, I'll get a high compression 262 kit that is normally $375 for $290. That is less than half the price of a good pipe that will get you less performance. The kits are reliable and look stock. Here are some of the kits you could get...

Forward Motion offers a line of performance parts and services for the Honda CRF and Yamaha YZF. We also offer Wiseco oversize kits for older models of dirt bikes and atvs listed in the Wiseco catalog, and specialize in boring/honing of cast iron liners as well as NICOM plating for late model 4-strokes.

CRF

WISECO offers high compression pistons in the stock bore size and a 3mm oversize kit that makes it a 480. This kit sells for $375 with boring, NICOM plating, complete piston and gasket kits. This kit makes the CRF AMA Open Class legal for 2004. These kits are designed for low to mid range, if you're a guy constantly bouncing off the rev limiter, then you could cause a top end failure from overrevving. Check out these helpful tech articles on CRF top end maintenance

YZF

WISECO makes 2mm oversize kits for the older models of YZ400 and 426F plus the new 450. For those models we have kits ranging from 420,444, and 472cc with two choices of compression ratios; 12.5 and 13.5:1 We also have 2mm high compression kit for the YZF250 that makes it 262cc and 13.2:1 This kit doesn't seem like a big displacement change but it makes a big difference in throttle response and offers a "more of everything" power increase. Our kit price with boring, NICOM plating, piston and gasket kits is only $375 Compare that to RPM's $2,300 300cc package. Our kit is 40cc smaller (about the size of an RC car engine) and $1,950 less expensive.

CYLINDER HEAD TUNE-UP $75

This service involves complete and thorough backing soda blast-cleaning and inspection of the head and valve train. The valve clearance is checked and the shims are changed where needed. The sealing surfaces are lapped with a diamond whetstone. The whole head is ultrasonically cleaned.

CYLINDER HEAD PORTING $195

Includes all the same services as the head tune-up plus the valves and ports are decarbonned, the ports are textured for the optimum fluid dynamics, matched between port sets, and the valve seat is blended to the port. Some models get special valve-grinding to improve flow. All valves are lapped to the seats for proper sealing. Springs are checked for free length and tension. Aftermarket springs are installed for no extra labor charge.

CYLINDER HEAD REBUILDING $175 (Plus parts)

Includes all the services covered under the head tune-up plus valve seat reconditioning, guide replacement, and labor on aftermarket or OEM valve or spring replacement. We have our own SERDI valve seat machining center. This service is only $100 with CYLINDER HEAD PORTING.

CYLINDER DECKING $35

This service is designed for cylinders that have warped or mared surfaces and to optimize the squish clearance for better combustion. The cylinder is placed on an expanding mandrel and turned in a lathe to insure that the sealing surfaces are machined perpendicular to the bore. Our mandrels accommodate up to 98mm bores.

CAST IRON CYL BORING/HONING $50

Includes overboring and honing of cast iron cylinder bores. The top and bottom cylinder surfaces are trued perpendicular to the bore. A complete line of Wiseco and Cometic top end rebuilding kits is available for package discounts.

CAST IRON CYLINDER RE-SLEEVING $100 Plus parts

Includes R&R of the sleeve, boring and honing to size, and cylinder decking. You have your choice of aftermarket big bore sleeves or stock sizes.

COMPLETE ENGINE SERVICE

We offer the service of R&R of just the top end or complete top and bottom end engine rebuilding. The price for top end disassembly and assembly is $75 and complete engine work is $300 plus parts. Typical parts needed for an engine rebuild include a gasket kit, piston kit, bearings and seals. The prices vary by model. No price penalty if you supply the parts. Free engine shipping crates available by email or telephone.

They also do 2-strokes. Write back, I know that you want a kit for cheap and this is your chance. I am probably sending in my cylinder in about a month, so you have time to think about it. It's worth it. :cry:

I can't believe no one wants in on this :cry: ! Are you sure? I've heard nothing but good things from wwners of the 262 kit. This is your chance to get 10% extra percent off.

Nothing for the DRZ :cry:

I do like their Military discount and free shipping for FPO/APO, though :cry:

I just sent my cylinder in to Millenium.

your better off I think...According to Burned and many others; on the DRZ iron liners are the devil...just say no :cry:

I am in. I posted something similar to this a couple a weeks back and got a couple of people interested but no one to commit. I have the crate sitting in my garage but can't tear it down until the latter part of March. Can you wait a couple of weeks? If so I am in, PM me and we can discuss further.

Ace

I may be in also. I have been looking at his kits and am ready to buy this week. What timeline is on the 10% deal? Also do they have to be for the same type bike? I am looking at the 480cc kit for a CRF.

Pmed you also.

The Forward Motion kits have plated bores not iron liners.

I only have good things to say about Eric Gorr and Forward Motion.