Sign in to follow this  

Question for all the guys...

Hey - my boyfriend is looking into getting a trail bike. He used to race MX and had a YZ 250, but wrecked and hurt his knee pretty bad, so he wants something with a little less "pop". He is 6'1" and around 230lbs, and a muscular build. What bike should he get that would support his size, a TT-R 250 or something like a YZ450f/426f? Personally I don't want him to get anything he can jump a lot with because the temptation will be too great....but he is a grown man and can do what he wants!!

Hey - my boyfriend is looking into getting a trail bike. He used to race MX and had a YZ 250, but wrecked and hurt his knee pretty bad, so he wants something with a little less "pop". He is 6'1" and around 230lbs, and a muscular build. What bike should he get that would support his size, a TT-R 250 or something like a YZ450f/426f? Personally I don't want him to get anything he can jump a lot with because the temptation will be too great....but he is a grown man and can do what he wants!!

I would look into a WR250 or WR450 they're tame but will have the power he desires when he needs it. He is a big guy and is used to some power since he had a 250 2stroke. So the least would be a wr250.

if hes got the opportunity to get the 450f then do it. but if hes looking for less pop then certainly don't go with the biggest mx bike you can get. i think a wr 250 might do him good. ive never seen a ttr250 run. i actually never seen one in person. but it should still tote him around alright.

I was in the very same situation and was very tempted by the CRF 250X and thw WR's BUT....the wife said the same thing to me as you've told your boyfriend, and she is right. If you buy a race bike your gonna wanna race. I went with the TT-R250 and it's a fun bike that has also beat CRF's in moto play races...much to my wife's dismay.

I was in the very same situation and was very tempted by the CRF 250X and thw WR's BUT....the wife said the same thing to me as you've told your boyfriend, and she is right. If you buy a race bike your gonna wanna race. I went with the TT-R250 and it's a fun bike that has also beat CRF's in moto play races...much to my wife's dismay.

If money isn't an issue, I think he would be a lot happier with the wr250. It's a whole lot more bike for the money.

If it's just a play thing the TTR250 would work fine too.

He would jump a lot higher on the wr250 though. But he would probably jump on the ttr250 too and it will break easier than the wr.