Sign in to follow this  

jetting help with rekluse

Hi i was riding my new bike for second time today with the rekluse i keep stalling it when coming into corners or when chopping the throttle . its about 40 degress to 45 degrees up here i dont think its the clutch as ive tried to adjust stall speed etc.. and has no bearing on the stalling issue really it helps a bit but i think its too lean maybe air screw adjustment? what you guys think IM running the heavy spring and i know all clearances are right in the clutch I really dont think its clutch , would perhaps turning out air screw half turn help? I had to adjust stall speed really hi to help and makes it a pain to ride around that is why i dont think its clutch plus its easy enough to start in gear. my clearance was double checked at about .036" . apprecitate the help guys im going riding again tomorrow.ps bike is 05 crf450

Try turning the fuel screw outwards to richen and set the idle speed screw inwards(slightly faster) to keep the idle speed up. How many turns is it at currently? The CRF450R has a light flywheel and will need a steady idle that doesn't drop as you back off.

James

i havent checked the fuel screw yet but did try higher idle speeds today but had same problem i mustve stalled about 10 times or more it sucks when you fall over in a fast left hand corner seems also when you chop the throttle even at low speeds on a tight uphill it stalls sometimes as well . we are at sea level with cold air so i would assume bike is lean this is only second ride on bike and first with autoclutch.

Re: jetting help with rekluse

ive tried idle up and down bike is only on second ride i have external perch with heavy spring its not dragging at least i dont think so im pretty sure i really think its in the jetting as will only happen when you give either a quick burst of throttle in corner then shut off immediatly eg coming into a rough sand corner and using the throttle to keep balance after coming off brakes then it just dies. also same thing happens when going up a tight uphill at low rpm and when you crest the top chopping the throttle it will stall. when just ridden around or brake sliding it works perfect as long as you dont chop the throttle on and off.In my manual the jetting is 168 main 42 pilot and 1 7/8 turn out on air screw needle at 4th . when i rode the one time with the stock clutch i never had this problem unless i didnt pull in clutch enough . perhaps there is just enough drag on clutch to kill engine with the cold weather up here and at sea level my feelings are bike is too lean. not sure if air screw will fix this or perhaps a #45 pilot .I have to have the spring in external clutch adjusted to a very hi stall speed to help alleviate this problem but its a pain to ride there slips so much .

I recommend you to not to use the softest spring without washer then bike stalls, best setting is soft spring with one washer or try hard spring no washer. One thing you can test if its the clutch or not is to lower the idle to aroun 1800rpm if bike still stalls when you have at least the soft spring with one washer its not the cluth... if you have to high idle the bike will stall... hope it helps... dont hack down on my english its not the best :cry:

He has a clutch with a cable and the perch adjuster, no internal washers...

Are you sure the problem is not with clutch setup? It sounds like the clutch is not completely disnegaging at idle. Be sure you have your cable slack adjusted properly. At 4K RPMs, you should have about a half inch of movement at the end of the lever before the pull gets harder. You adjust the lever free play with the stock cable length adjuster (clutch perch adjuster).

You should not have to use the heavy spring to prevent stalling. A good test is to try brake sliding from different engine speeds. If you can't get it to stall under braking, you probably have a jetting issue.

Give us a call if you can't get it right. 1-866-REKLUSE.

al.

pls see crf450 forum youngswerth my problems are explained there yes i agree it maybe jetting or maybe i should try more freeplay? i have over an inch of freeplay at the lever when revving to about 4500 rpm i pull in clutch till i feel it get tight or when riding it has to move at least an inch to disengage this is not the problem.ps it wont stall under normal breaking but i do have to use clutch lever to obtain neutral when idling

Just tried the recommended Chevron oil in mine and works perfect, no creep at a stop, can find neutral easily without clutch, and the bike rips.