Sign in to follow this  

Sendec hour meters

Do the sendec hour meters from sears seem to work ok? Does the tach work and if it does is it very accurate. I have seen a few posts where people where told to wrap the wire around the plug cap instead of the wire. Are you doing this to the part of the cap that is in the head and out of sight or the part that is visible on top of the head?

I ordered a Sendec directly fom them and am happy with it. As far as being accurate, it counts sparks and displays the result, not a lot can go wrong. Sendec also makes them for Yamaha so I'm assuming it is agood unit.

Not sure where to the the wire as mine is a 2002 model and it just wraps aroung the spark plug wire.

I have the one with the tach works fine. its not instant as far as reading rmp but if you were to rev it up and hold it there it'll tell what rpm it is. but not if you blip the throttle itll lag behinda few sec.

Do the sendec hour meters from sears seem to work ok? Does the tach work and if it does is it very accurate. I have seen a few posts where people where told to wrap the wire around the plug cap instead of the wire. Are you doing this to the part of the cap that is in the head and out of sight or the part that is visible on top of the head?

If yours is 03 or newer, wrap around the spark plug cap that is visible in top of the head. HAve to do this since the coil is integrated into that cap. Older models can wrap around the wire itself as the coil is above cap. Hope this helps. There are some pics floating around here on tt if you do a search.