Sign in to follow this  

shorty clutch levers to fit handgaurds

Any of you guys using a shorty clutch lever to fit inside your handgaurds?i am having a hard time trying to find a place that sells shorty levers and i really do not feel like taking a hacksaw and cutting the end off so it will fit inside the handgaurd.Right now i am just angleing the handgaurd down for now and i cannot slide the clutch perch any farther because i have twinwall renthals.Any suggestions!

What's the color of your money? ASV has remanufactured shorty clutch levers on E-Bay for $35+$7 for shipping. It's massive overkill for a lever that's going to be protected by the handguard but is does have adjustable reach and will be the last lever you ever buy (for that bike anyway).

IIf you shorten yhe clutch it will increase the effort to engage the clutch. I cut off half the ball and regrind and file the lever so it has a smaller ball on the end.

dmp437,

yes i have the long raptor.

it is NICE! compared to the stock one.

not that i really need it since i have an EFM No-Stall auto clutch.

but for the first 1.5 years, the raptor was awesome. i wore one out (the brass sleeve). this is the second one and it really is just there for the start of the race.

Yamaha has the needle bearing billet one in long and short.

Run the short one on mine with Cycras. Nice setup.

Yes, more effort is required but this is about as easy as my '01 was with a long lever.