Sign in to follow this  

White plastics

ok heres the deal, i saw the carey hart replica deal for 125/250s and thought hey that looks kinda cool. i am pretty sure they dont make that set/ graphcis for 250r, but i got to thinking, how would white plastics look and just put clear graphics by nstyle over it? i mean it would cost 100 bucks total, and i can get some white one or nstyle seat cover and be set. but im not sure if it would look dumb with no graphics , unless i get some sticksers and put em under the clear graphics. o well

i think that that is only for older 450s and 125/250s. I think I am just going to get some graphics. I just dont know which ones?

I just checked at the One Industries website and they are available for the crf250, they are McGrath replicas. You can buy them as a kit that comes with a seat cover, graphics...or just the graphics only. Go to www.oneindustries.com and take a look for yourself.

Where did you get all white plastic for a 250X ???

I have white plastic on my 250x and put on a full Factory Effex graphics kit on it and I think it looks pretty nice. I got it through Rockymountain ATV/MC.

Heckler,

I ordered my white plastic from Rockymountain ATV/MC. I ordered the plastic for the 250r model. I had to cut some notches where the radiator overflow bottle is to get the rear fender to fit in there, not very hard. I hope to post some pictures one of these days. I think the bike looks great with white plastic and the graphics kit that I have on it.

What did you do for the air filter access door? The left side panel is completely different... What about the rear fender? Thats way different also. I would love to see some pictures.

Heckler,

I ordered my white plastic from Rockymountain ATV/MC. I ordered the plastic for the 250r model. I had to cut some notches where the radiator overflow bottle is to get the rear fender to fit in there, not very hard. I hope to post some pictures one of these days. I think the bike looks great with white plastic and the graphics kit that I have on it.

I ordered the front and rear fender along with the shrouds. The side panels are stock (250x). The rear fender uses all the same bolts as the stock and just slides into place after you cut the notches out by the overflow bottle(small notches). I will try to get some pics this weekend.

Ok, so I would assume that you removed the rear light and you still have some red on the top of your side panels... :cry:

I ordered the front and rear fender along with the shrouds. The side panels are stock (250x). The rear fender uses all the same bolts as the stock and just slides into place after you cut the notches out by the overflow bottle(small notches). I will try to get some pics this weekend.

Great assumption(oooops), I guess I left that little detail out, sorry. The light stays with the red fender, I just unplugged the light from the harness and zip-tyed the harness to the frame. The red doesn't look too bad, I have some pretty nice graphics so that red doesn't stick out that much.

I have a question for you guys that already have the white plastic, how does it hold up? Does it stain or show scratches easily? I am thinking about changing to either to white or silver pastic.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Callum Hunter
      I'm quite new to the moto scene and I've got a '09 CRF250R in need of what I believe is a top end rebuild. I've never gotten a rebuild before so I'm unfamiliar with the process and the steps to take in getting this done in a safe and efficient manner. I was wondering if anyone knew of any reputable shops in or near Vancouver, Canada (where I live) that could look at my bike and help me out with my situation. About 6 months ago I got an inspection on the bike and the shop told me that my cam bearings had "spun in their journals", requiring the installation of a new cam along with the rebuild. I haven't had anything done to the bike since the inspection so the motor is still in this state. She's running but I'm afraid that the motor is a ticking time bomb and would like a shop to take a look at it, let me know what needs to be replaced and get the rebuild done without me worrying about getting taken advantage of. I'm currently out of the country in school but have plans to get this done once I'm back. Any tips, recommendations, or help would be greatly appreciated!
    • By Kadensmith44
      I’m wanting to powder coat my bike but it’s all new to me. I’ve got a powder coater picked out that I’ve heard is good for what I’m doing. I’m not 100% what kind of sand blaster I need and what kind of media. I have also heard you can’t cook in the oven after you’ve baked your parts is that true?
    • By luke8500
      Hi all, 
      I have a 2004 honda crf250r and it wont start hot at all. The motor was just rebuilt with a new cylinder and piston. The valves were just adjusted. It will start cold in 1 or 2 kicks with choke but as soon as it gets hot it wont start. If you bump start it the motor will just turn over without starting.  sometimes it will start. It runs great until you shut it off.  im thinking its either a fuel issue or an electrical issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By SandSoldier
      Hello! This listing is for my 2007 Honda CRF250R dirt bike. Last winter I spun the rod bearing and just recently finished rebuilding it. Selling to fund new bike. I am currently the second owner.

Current registration valid until 2020, pink slip in hand.

Fresh parts:
      -top end kit: Wiseco; forged, moly skirt coated, 12.9:1 comp ratio (new wrist pin, gaskets, etc)
      -cylinder: new OEM
      -bottom end kit: Wiseco; (new bearings, seals, etc)
      -oil pump: new OEM
      -head studs & nuts: new OEM

-fresh oil and filter
      -all tolerances checked in top end
      -valves adjusted
      -carb adjusted

Note:
      *rebuild was done by my dad (master tech at CAT) and I (4th year mechanical engineering student)
      *has maybe 15 minutes on new parts, IT HAS NOT BEEN PROPERLY BROKEN IN YET
      *I have email receipts, pics of rebuild, and old parts as proof of rebuild, just ask and I'll show em off

Other parts:
      -90% tread on front and rear tires
      -excell takasago front wheel
      -custom aluminum skid plate
      -wrap around hand guards
      -spark arrestor
      -kickstand

Feel free to ask for any more specifics or pictures!

LOCAL PICK UP ONLY

Thanks!
    • By Matt Ray
      Okay so the title is a little vague. 
      So it was having trouble idling and even starting when I first bought it about a month ago for $2k. 
      So I did a rough clean of carb, looked up on YouTube, Forums, Etc on how to do it. I only cleaned jets with carb cleaner and sprayed around the float bowl area and such, so not too extensive.
      Did that and I took it out to a park, It would start up right away mostly, few kicks sometimes, but when I got it started, I had to keep the choke on. Right when I was ready to go fast and go up to 3rd and 4th gear I'd switch it off and it would work fine and sound fine and everything, but when I slowed back down and coasted around 1st gear i'd pop it back out again because it sounded like it was going to do. I have some videos if people would like me to link to them.

So after that I decided to take it apart and replace spark plug with OEM NGK R0409B-8, replace main jet from a old 170 to a new 170, replaced pilot jet from a old 40 to a new 42, and kept starter jet the same just made sure that wasn't clogged, ordered a new adjustable fuel screw and used that.
      and it was still having a little bit of problems! I just started up today and the day before today. It would run only with choke on, if i twisted throttle in neutral it sounded pretty good, no gun shot noises or anything, pretty smooth. 
      If I tried to take choke off it would die immediately. So I started it back up again, took around 6 kicks.. So again with choke on it sounded like it was starting to lose power and RPM's would drop so I'd twist throttle a few times and it would stay idling.. then after a small amount of time, start to sound like its about to die again... so I would rev it up again, and repeat..

Fuel line isn't clogged, flows fine.
      I tried fuel screw everywhere between 1 and 2 turns out..
      I checked valve clearances, and I'm no expert but from the videos I watched the slipped underneath intake and exhaust with only minor force.
      So I'm lost.. 
      Maybe float bowl is messed up? Should I just do a COMPLETE carb rebuild from videos I've seen on youtube, like this one -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AXb9UprT30? Or what? 

It's getting annoying taking it apart all the time, I jsut want it to start up quickly and run well!!

Thank you!

Austin, TX, Elevation 600ft, where I ride its around 900ft