Sign in to follow this  

White plastics

ok heres the deal, i saw the carey hart replica deal for 125/250s and thought hey that looks kinda cool. i am pretty sure they dont make that set/ graphcis for 250r, but i got to thinking, how would white plastics look and just put clear graphics by nstyle over it? i mean it would cost 100 bucks total, and i can get some white one or nstyle seat cover and be set. but im not sure if it would look dumb with no graphics , unless i get some sticksers and put em under the clear graphics. o well

i think that that is only for older 450s and 125/250s. I think I am just going to get some graphics. I just dont know which ones?

Where did you get all white plastic for a 250X ???

I have white plastic on my 250x and put on a full Factory Effex graphics kit on it and I think it looks pretty nice. I got it through Rockymountain ATV/MC.

Heckler,

I ordered my white plastic from Rockymountain ATV/MC. I ordered the plastic for the 250r model. I had to cut some notches where the radiator overflow bottle is to get the rear fender to fit in there, not very hard. I hope to post some pictures one of these days. I think the bike looks great with white plastic and the graphics kit that I have on it.

What did you do for the air filter access door? The left side panel is completely different... What about the rear fender? Thats way different also. I would love to see some pictures.

Heckler,

I ordered my white plastic from Rockymountain ATV/MC. I ordered the plastic for the 250r model. I had to cut some notches where the radiator overflow bottle is to get the rear fender to fit in there, not very hard. I hope to post some pictures one of these days. I think the bike looks great with white plastic and the graphics kit that I have on it.

I ordered the front and rear fender along with the shrouds. The side panels are stock (250x). The rear fender uses all the same bolts as the stock and just slides into place after you cut the notches out by the overflow bottle(small notches). I will try to get some pics this weekend.

Ok, so I would assume that you removed the rear light and you still have some red on the top of your side panels... :cry:

I ordered the front and rear fender along with the shrouds. The side panels are stock (250x). The rear fender uses all the same bolts as the stock and just slides into place after you cut the notches out by the overflow bottle(small notches). I will try to get some pics this weekend.

Great assumption(oooops), I guess I left that little detail out, sorry. The light stays with the red fender, I just unplugged the light from the harness and zip-tyed the harness to the frame. The red doesn't look too bad, I have some pretty nice graphics so that red doesn't stick out that much.

I have a question for you guys that already have the white plastic, how does it hold up? Does it stain or show scratches easily? I am thinking about changing to either to white or silver pastic.