Sign in to follow this  

Head pipe

Any of you guys wrap your head pipe in exhuast wrap to gain hp's/protect your leg from burns? They wrap auto exhaust all the time, I wonder if it is the same effect?

yea, a few guys have it on here, from all i've herd they all like it.

Just make sure ya run and burn all the water out of it after ya wash it or else it may rust it.

I recently wrapped mine. The jury's still out on whether it's a power increase I want or not. I've only ridden it in front of the house so far. It did seam to decrease the low end power. That was predictable though. I may take it out tomorrow & see if it has much more top end.

Here's a pic:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=1891

I painted it after I wrapped it. I also wrapped it so that I could put the shield back on to help protect it. It sounds better too. The header pipe makes a lot of noise & the wrap deadens it a bit. I'll update you after I give it a good testing.

:cry:

On this small pipe you need to use the 1" wide wrap, 2" wide is for cars.

It's raining right now so I probably wont make it out today either for "testing." :cry:

On this small pipe you need to use the 1" wide wrap, 2" wide is for cars.

It's raining right now so I probably wont make it out today either for "testing." :cry:

2" works fine. Thats what i used on mine and my dads. But my header is bigger around so it was easier. It helps on the low/mid power. It does the same for a bike as it does a car. I wraped my mid pipe too. Dont know if it helped but went ahead and did it. If you go to "my garage" there is some what of a pic in there.