Sign in to follow this  

Amsoil 10W-40

amsoil rocks in everything i have ever ran it in. ofcourse, you cant run it in a brand new motor cause it is so slippery that the rings may not seat. :cry:

I have used amsoil for over 9,000 miles in the xt, and the engine still runs like new!

the car motor oils dont last with the wet clutches.

Purchase the 4 stroke specifc oil from Amsoil = 0w40 4 stroke oil. Works awesome in the bikes!

I've been using Amsoil for years in my autos and just switched over to running it in my 02. I did a fair amount of checking and it is all thumbs up. BTW, run the 4 stroke specific oil in your bike. The automotive oil won't work.

the car motor oils dont last with the wet clutches.

Purchase the 4 stroke specifc oil from Amsoil = 0w40 4 stroke oil. Works awesome in the bikes!

Isnt that the recreational 4 stroke oil though, for like quads and boats? Get the High Performance Motorcycle oil. It has a higher flash point as well.

amf_qt_300pxh.jpg

Isnt that the recreational 4 stroke oil though, for like quads and boats? Get the High Performance Motorcycle oil. It has a higher flash point as well.

amf_qt_300pxh.jpg

No, it is the top of the line stuff:

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/aff.aspx

It was the only oil that would last longer than 1 ride when I had my XR600. tough stuff.

ditto. I actually went and bought a whole case of it. Could just be me, but i think it made my clutch lose that annoying grabby feel and its subbosadly the best. I cant really say that many good things about it, but i cant say any BAD things about it....and i guess thats the point. good luck. I use the 10-40 too. IMO, it works for all seasons.

One thing I noticed it helped in my 230 was after you rode for a while it become harder to shift with other oils, but with the Amsoil it shifted alot better and stayed that way throughout the ride. I always keep a large stock of Amsoil on my shelf and dont see myself changing anytime soon.

I have heard almost all good things about Amsoil. I started using it in my heavily modified jet-ski (2-stroke) about 5 years ago. Now I use it in everything. I think that synthetic lubricants are the way to go.

If you change your oil after every 2-3 rides, like a lot of folks on here recommend, then you are probably not getting the full use of a synthetic. I *think* the manual recommends oil change on the WR every 500 miles (don't have the manual with me...). If you are going to use "longer" drain intervals (like 500 miles) a synthetic is better. If you change it every 50 miles or so, a good dinosaur oil would be just as good (and cheaper).

My $0.02.

I use Crisco Vegetable Oil in my bike. I like the way it makes the exhaust smell like fried chicken. Deeeeelicious!

I have been using 10W40 Amsoil synthetic motorcycle oil in 03 my 250f since the 2nd oil change and have had very good results. Oil filter has been very clean and clutch has never been grabby feeling. :)