Sign in to follow this  

Clutch perch and lever?

I am currently investagating this subject,

I asked my local honda dealer and they said that no one makes an aftermarket perch/lever kit yet.

I use the CR clutch perch and lever. The CR levers are always in stock at your dealer. You will need to connect the two switch wires together so that the starter will work.

CAUTION: If you make this mod, the starter will engage any time the starter button is pushed!! (as long as the master keyed switch is in the on position)

The switch is there so that you can not accidentally start the bike in gear. or without the clutch lever pulled in.

Be safe!!

Coeshow,

compared to the stock setup is it harder or easier to engage the lever????

also will the cable "bolt right up"? or will i need to do something different???

thanks

Hey, I am using aftermarket clutch levers on most of my bikes. MSR and another company that I don't know the name of have a trick setup that decreases the clutch pull. They have 3 different slots from stock to super easy pull tension. You just put your cable end into which slot you choose. They work great. Makes for a one finger pull when in the last slot. MSR makes them and the other brand is available from B&J Racing.com. Like Coeshow said, all you have to do to run any of the aftermarket levers is connect the two wires together. Clint

I am having trouble visualing how to "connect the two wires." Is there piacture somewhere?

In the end, does that mean I can buy any aftermarket CR (85, 125, etc) lever perch setup? :cry:

I just bought a moose EZ-adjust clutch perch and lever and i like the easy adjust part. also, the handle is more closer to the bar for easier pull. Also, it looks trick.

Hey noob,

Which specific model did you get? One for the CR? Was it a slam dunk install or was there a little rigging? Thanks

Ride for Red,

The CR perch and lever will swap directly with the stock perch and lever. The cable will work exactly the same. Ergonomically they are very similar, so as far as the way they feel, its about the same. Just remember that you will lose the "safety" switch when going this route. I did this because everyone has CR levers, and most dealers do not stock CRF150/230 clutch levers. I fell and broke my original, and the dealer said I would need to order the replacement...... Left dealership with CR setup, and then went riding afterward. You could always order a couple stock ones and then be set, but I think the CR lever is actually more like the brake lever than the stock "street bike" clutch perch and lever that comes standard on these bikes.

Hey noob,

Which specific model did you get? One for the CR? Was it a slam dunk install or was there a little rigging? Thanks

it's universal. Most clutch perch and lever combos are universal.