Sign in to follow this  

Is the Rekluse Clutch only for older riders?

I'm a 23yr old intermediate woods/trail rider and I ride pretty aggresivley; i also race in an occasional harescramble. I was riding in some pretty technical conditions today, and thought the Rekluse would have helped me ALOT! None of my friends have heard of the system, so I told them as much as i could about it. They all thought I was lazy, and should just suck it up.

I'd love to put one in without them knowing, and kick all there butts next time out. I'm also trying to covince my 50yr old pops to get one too.

I was just curious the ages/riding capabilites of those that do own a Rekluse system. Is it just for the older riders who aren't in the condition they once were (no offense to anyone; cause I havent actually met anyone who owns one yet)?

This could be the post that FINALLY convinces me to buy one!

you bet its only for old fat bastards, I think it said that in the instruction manual, I'm 43 and for you super fast kids it will only slow you down :cry:

When I had my 450 I loved it and I'm 38, vet expert off-road. The tighter and nastier the better it works.

I don't feel a need for it on the 250 because the power is much more manageable but if I get another 450 for the woods it will get a Rekluse. :cry:

I am 38 and I would never ride in the woods without it again, especially if you have a bike you have to kick all the time, it makes you a better rider by far :cry: you can concentrate more on the trail and less on the clutch, let your other friends tell you its for old farts and put one on and leave them sitting at the harescambles, all my buds younger and older that race harescrambles have them on there bikes now that I let them ride mine :cry: roost on!

I'm 35 and ride singletrack in Arizona; I wouldn't trade the autoclutch for any other after market part for the 450. I'm a C to B rider and think you get much faster when you're not worried about the clutch or stalling. My brother is much faster than I am; we raced a 35 mile HS 2 months ago and he only beat me by 10 seconds due to the fact he stalled 4 times.

:cry:

So hey what doe sthis do, as apposed to stock cluth. I have an 05 CRF450, andI mostly ride tracks, jumps, or dunes, but I do go in trails as well. I would like to know what it does for me, to see if it can help me. So could you guys give me a + and a - of what it does? Thank in advance

RYan :cry:

Of course not! It just makes a MX bike rideable in the tight woods and you don't spend half your riding time kicking it over. Recently while woods riding with the guys, an older rider said, "OK Palmer, let's see that clutch-less Honda get up this rocky section." It was super rocky and steep switch backs, that I climbed w/o problem. He arrive some time later and acknowledged that the auto-clutch does help. It's almost like cheating.

35 year old, enduro rider. Best mod made to my 450. No matter how good of condition I get in, its no fun kicking a 450 over after multiple hours of fun (torture). It has definately made me faster in that it covers for some of my mistakes. :cry::cry:

After hours and hours of reading posts about the Rekluse, I finally pulled the trigger and bought one. Thanks to all of those throughout the site that provided great info and ride reports. I hope my installation and riding experience live up to all the "hype." I should receive the unit on Friday, install Fri night, and ride saturday morning. I also opted for the perch adjuster.