Sign in to follow this  

Re airing tires after dirt for a road trip

Okay I bought one of the air pumps that used CO2 cartridgest, but I bought the one that also can be usedd as a manuel pump, seemed like a good idea. Anyway, bound out that I could not get the screw type of cartriges at walmart, only the non screw type, also at the shops the screw type is twice the ptice, so I ordered one that used the walmart tpye. Much more economical. Anyway today I finised riding before everyone else and decided to use the plate and take the freeway home on the bike not carrying it in the bed fo the truck, so I had 12lbs in each tire, and it took 1 cylinder to get each tire up to 22lbs for street, truth is the back one ended up at 30lbs, so I had to back it down. Anyway, just thought it was a useful piece of info as the stores did not know how many cartriges were needed to reair a dirt tire

Get a mountain bike tire pump. Fairly small and easy to carry. You can air up each tire in about a minute, minute and a half. Don't have to mess with the cartridges, and it's a lot cheaper! Plus easier to fine tune.