Sign in to follow this  

WooHoo!!

I'm so proud of my kx250f, I just blew it up for the 2nd time!! First time I cracked the top of the piston i wonder what it is this time.

don't over rev, change the oil every ride, and check the valve clearances every 3-4 rides and you won't have problems.

I'm so proud of my kx250f, I just blew it up for the 2nd time!! First time I cracked the top of the piston i wonder what it is this time.

Gotta love those kawasakis :cry:

don't over rev, change the oil every ride, and check the valve clearances every 3-4 rides and you won't have problems.

Get real. Nobody changes their oil every ride and I check the valve clearences all the time. As for the "over revving" isnt it a race bike wit a "rev limiter"

I change my oil every two tanks of gas and have only checked and adjusted my valves once. I have 50+ hours and atleast 4 races on my bike and not one problem. THe RM-z's had problems of valve float when you get into the over rev range (1300 + rpm) where the motor drops off. In this range the stock springs are not stiff enough and allow the valves to float. So if your riding it like a two stroke don't expect it to last.

Rode mine like a 2 stroke when I first got it. Had the valves shimmed twice and a new top end. 1000.00 bucks later I started riding it like a 4 stroke and walla! Runs great. Watch out for the rev limiter. You are only supposed to use those things in rental cars! LMAO!!!

Change the oil every ride? I ride like 2-3 times a week. That would be hell on my wallet after a while. I change the oil in my YZ250F about once every 50-60 miles, then again...you Kawasaki guys got a long way to go to come anywhere near the YZ250F.

Just hang in there though! I used to be a Kawi die-hard when two-strokes ruled!

Ha Ha you guys are bloody crazy. I have an 05 RM-Z 250 and have had it for at least 4 months now. I have got 134 hours on the meter and i havnt checked my valves once. I changed the oil at 30 hours but im still on me same oil filter. I run BP Ultimate and motorex valve guard and redo my airfilter every day and i have no problems... :cry:

I change my oil every two tanks of gas and have only checked and adjusted my valves once. I have 50+ hours and atleast 4 races on my bike and not one problem. THe RM-z's had problems of valve float when you get into the over rev range (1300 + rpm) where the motor drops off. In this range the stock springs are not stiff enough and allow the valves to float. So if your riding it like a two stroke don't expect it to last.

every 2 tanks of gas???!!!! damn thats like 3 hrs of riding max maybe then u change it.

every two tanks of gas works out to be about 4-6 hours for me.

i change my oil every ride. It takes 1.3l of oil, i buy honda GN4 10w30. I have a stainless filter that i clean also every oil change. I have yet to have a problem with my bike. I also check the valves every 8 hours (give or take, i try to make it 8 hours best as i can).

These aren't 2 strokes, the oil isn't just in the tranny. I might be going a little over-board on the every ride, but you should change oil every 3 hours. It is picking up particles from the clutch and then circulating them through the vitals of your engine. On my 2 stroker i'll go probably 5 hours before i change the tranny oil because it doesn't lubricate my top end so it's not causing wear up there.

It's your bike though, if you don't want to change the oil then you can keep replacing the engine like you have done i guess twice as your post states. I prefer to keep mine running good.

AND, in the service manual every 30 hours the valve springs should be replaced, meaning they are worn out, if they are worn out they will allow the valves to float WAY before the rev-limiter. A couple companies that do testing have already show 250f's with time on the motors floating valves around 10,000 rpms, which is 300 rpms before the rev limiter. Why rev that high anyways? HP drops off after 10,000 on these bikes anyways....so you aren't gaining crap from it. ride it like a 4 stroke.

I think im going to stick with my riding style and get a honda. It blew up because the topend is crap. Why should a piston just crack across the top???

Yeah buy a Honda and you won't have to worry about that problem with the oil getting so dirty! They were smart enough to keep the motor and tranny side seperate.

:cry:

I think im going to stick with my riding style and get a honda. It blew up because the topend is crap. Why should a piston just crack across the top???

that happen to my frined thump. u might know him he use to ride a kx250f #86 and his piston cracked also. he raced alot of local at vp and other tracks. also when u hittin vp again if u have another scoot to ride?

Yea Jared Mancha. He got a yz450. I was at VP this weekend on my brothers CRF 450. I have seen you out there once before when i was on his bike. He was a tall blonde guy walking around with a scrawny black kid.

Ok the I just had an AMA crew chief take apart my motor. He said all of my valves are screwed, the seats and everything. He said that the coating wore off of the valves, and that the seats were cupped. He said that kawasaki has made some big mistakes on this bike and that this should not be happening on my bike.

You know I made the comment a week or so ago about only using the rev limiter in a rental car and well murphy (as in murphy's law) jumped up and bit me on Sunday. Here is the rundown:

1. Both exhaust vales seperated where the stem is fused to the valve head right where the DLC burned through.

2. Cylinder head looks like my 5 yr old took a dremel tool to it (ruined) ;)

3. exhaust cam is shot :)

4. rod and crank is bent :p

5. Piston is toast :D

6. Whole motor is shot.

The valves were not out of adjustment, started up first or second kick every time. I don't even hit the rev limiter. I am kind of disgusted to say the least. My buddy is calling it a claymore mine and is trying to find several of these things cheap so he can take them back over to IRAQ and use them to counter the IED's going off over there. What to do? :)

Guess I'll be going out this weekend shopping for a deal on a new CRF450 :D

Great engineering job kawazuki! :D:o

What a piece of crap!