Sign in to follow this  

White Brothers R-4 exhaust

Just bought one primarily for the spark arrestor so I can run Enduro's. What does this thing do to the power and how loud is it?

It's loud. Real loud. Really real loud. The power's good though. big boost in the lower end of the curve. Tapers off a bit on top, but I still think it's stronger than stock.

The spark arrester I got with mine has a cute little "quieting plate" built in that's really high tech. (It's a washer) :cry:

Still, it's a good power pipe if noise isn't an issue, and I didn't pay much for it.

Typically noise isn't an issue where we ride and since I've moved to a 4 stroke the lapped ridders get out of the way quicker when they hear this yz rumbling up behind them. Maybe they will move even quicker with the R-4-nasty barking at them.

If you want to take a few dbs out of that pipe, Quiet Products makes a simple end piece that diverts the sound to the ground. It fits inside the very end of the pipe, so it looks like it reduces the diameter by about 1/4 inch or so. Nice looking chrome finish too. You can find them at www.quietiscool.com