Sign in to follow this  

Stiff Clutch

So I was out ridding today with some new buddies and they both were ridding '05 CRF450's. One of the guys let me take his bike for a spin and let me tell you those are an impressive machine. Anyhow, one of the things I noticed right off the bat was the nice soft smooth clutch. I guess I had gotten used to how stiff mine is on my DRZ. I assume this must be a common issue with these, is there any way to correct it?

Gotta keep your cable lubed up on both ends and clean your lever and perch and grease the pivot.

Usually that is what makes your clutch suck. Its easy to not notice it because it gets worse slowly over time.

Unhook it at the lever on the motor and see how free it is. Bet its way stiff and barely moves freely. Just work some grease in the cable on both ends and work it back and forth till it moves nice. Then do the perch. :cry:

I've ridden many Mx bikes, DRZ is very smooth just like em.

I think somethings up?

Mine seem to only get worse after about fifty or sixty miles of riding(fatigue).I always kept cleaned and lubed. But after time you need to put a new cable on. I finally just bit the bullet and put a magura hydraulic clutch on. And it was a bitch to put on, beings there are no installation instructions for the DRZ.

JSV 01 DRZ 400e :cry: