Sign in to follow this  

WR headlight assembly

Looking for a headlight assembly off of a WR to run Enduro's with the YZ. Have to make an effort to look like I'm leagal. Anyone have one they want to get rid of or a good suggestion for an aftermarked headlight?

I got one off my 99 wr400. the plastic and all. only thing is the glass lens is cracked. I bought a complete assembly and took this one off. pm me if interested.

The stock Yamaha light works well for riding in the dark, better than the aftermarket replacements. If your not going to ride with it at night get the cheapest one possible. Maier has one thats the same as an Acerbis but for about $20.00 less.

Keep in mind you will will have to upgrade the stator as well to run the light and you will need a voltage regulator.

I'm not looking for one that will work for more than 5 min tops. If I can get through tech inspection at an Enduro, I'll be OK. Thinking a 9volt and a switch.

The WR light requires brackets and fab. to mount to the YZ. I would just get a UFO or Acerbis. I run a re-chargable RC car battery in the airbox and just wired it up to the HL and TL with a switch. Works great for tech. inspection.