Sign in to follow this  

Hot Cams? Or Exhaust System?

What are you doing with the bike ?

If your woods riding and you need to pass a decible level and need a spark arrester you know the answer.

Dirt Rider magazine said that the Hotcams Stage One for the CRF450 did more than any pipe they have ever tested. But the only problem is that you loose a little top end with the cams. Check out www.hotcamsinc.com for dyno charts and to see if you think it's worth the money and the top power.

I would say big bore first ($385 from Forward Motion) and then Hot Cams. If you don't want a big bore then definitely Hot Cams over an exhaust system. I have both the big bore and Hot Cams with the stock exhaust and I love it.

What kind of power difference over stock did you see with your combo jho410? Where did you really see the difference over stock? How long did it take you to instal the cams and the big bore kit? I can get it for $290 from Foward Motion if I can find a friend. Anyone want a friend for a 10% discount from FM? Did you notice any drop in power up top with the cams, because on the dyno, it started to taper off at 11,500 rpm? Thanks!!!