Sign in to follow this  

are the aussies taking over supercross

2 aussies on the podium in the 250s and the current 250 champ from downunder the aussie grip on us supercross is getting stronger

One race is not the season.

No Aussie on the top step this year. :cry:

Reed is a great rider and Byrne is coming on strong.

If a few more Aussies start breaking the top 10, I might agree.

Until then, it is a matter of a couple very talents riders coming along, not a take over.

One race is not the season.

No Aussie on the top step this year. :cry:

Reed is a great rider and Byrne is coming on strong.

If a few more Aussies start breaking the top 10, I might agree.

Until then, it is a matter of a couple very talents riders coming along, not a take over.

one rider out of the couple of talents as you say . happens to be the current 250 champ or did you forget that ??? also i think a couple more aussies broke into the top ten in the 125 class maybe one in the top five

reed only won the supercross championship because the best guy wasnt there. notice he cant win shit when the competition gets tough. ill be surprised if reed wins one race this whole season.

What makes it kind of unique is the U.S. probably has 2 million more people that ride dirt bikes than Australia.

reed only won the supercross championship because the best guy wasnt there. notice he cant win shit when the competition gets tough. ill be surprised if reed wins one race this whole season.

was it chads fault ricky crashed and got injured trying to find more speed. I think not. But what really bothers me is this title that chad won by default so some say .Wasnt snapped up by one of the 15 or so american riders in the title hunt

reed won six in a row when ricky was there,and as far as competition goes there is only ricky and chad. oh , and those six races were in chads rookie 250 season. pretty cool huh.

2 aussies on the podium in the 250s and the current 250 champ from downunder the aussie grip on us supercross is getting stronger

i guess that's why RC is showing the aussies the pimp-hand week after week

What makes it kind of unique is the U.S. probably has 2 million more people that ride dirt bikes than Australia.

Probably even more than that. USA population 250million(?). Australia population 20million. We do pretty good for a small nation.

One guy hardly constitutes a take over? Byrne put in a good ride but they have been few and far between. I love to see the International riders putting in good performances it gives the American series more recognition.

By the way Carmichael didn't hurt himself trying to FIND more speed he hurt him self during the outdoor season. MIKE

I think I am going to keep to myself on this one.

MOM: "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. :cry: "

reed won six in a row when ricky was there,and as far as competition goes there is only ricky and chad. oh , and those six races were in chads rookie 250 season. pretty cool huh.

You are exactly right on both of your posts. Reed did beat Ricky heads up, but it can also be said that Ricky was not going to throw the championship away. He had it locked by finishing behind Reed during those races.

Also, Reeds championship is not tarnished by Carmichaels absence. Reed could only race whomever was on the gate. Reed is definately a champion.

That being said, those podium spots are there for whomever wants them the most, regardless of their nationality.

one rider out of the couple of talents as you say . happens to be the current 250 champ or did you forget that ??? also i think a couple more aussies broke into the top ten in the 125 class maybe one in the top five

This is rather childish flame bait.

You think? You don't know who placed in the 125 class? Who your fellow countrymen are?

There are more Frenchmen with U.S. National Championships than Aussies.

How does that figure in your wittle head?

Shane Watts is an awesome rider, but I don't think NZ is taking over off-road.

I'm glad to see the Best from around the world come here to compete.

Reed is an awesome rider. :cry:

I just hope Bubba doesn't do that "stop, let you pass, so I can blow by you later" stuff again.

Shane Watts is an aussie not a kiwi,aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

Breet metcalfe and Jay marimont are aussie in the 125 class.

Sorry, but they're Aussie-Americans now. :cry: We have them, and they live here now. And if they don't like second place, they can go back home and stay there. :cry: Cause if ya ask me, we don't need any more people coming here. There is already too much traffic and congestion period. :cry:

Mladin has done prett good for himself in the AMA SBK series. I hate that ***er, but still he's the 5-time champ.