getting a 04 rmz250

im buying a 04 rmz250 in the next week. i have heard of overheating problems ocasionally but i have heard of alot more people saying they havent had any problems.

the guy im buying it off is a C grade racer, its done about 5 or 6 race meets.

what im worried about is i am going to be doing some trails. i was just wondering has anyone had overheating problems when on trails ??

also, what percentage should i run the coolant at ?

cool thanks, i plan on getting a boyeson kit and a 1.6 or 1.8 radiator cap. im getting the bike $2000 below what its worth because it was bought as a crashed freestyle bike where the subframe was snapped off. its fixed now but it needs a new muffler because the core inside is broken.

what would be a good muffler? i saw one on ebay, dr-d muffler and header for $500aud. so probably something like $310US.

also, the bike has done 50 hours. should change the piston or would i need to do the whole topend ? it has 5 or 6 races on it from a C grade racer and the rest would be just normal riding i suppose. i dont race at all, i just enjoy riding. probably not even good enough for C grade.

it was a freestyle bike, so it was just a crash.

he has looked after it well. his dad is the mechanic at one of the biggest shops in melbourne and he said it has been checked. but im still going to do it anyway.

when should i put a new piston in it ?

im an apprentice for honda and have had 2 strokes all my life so im just learning about the 4's