Sign in to follow this  

CHM exhaust question

I'm getting the CHM complete system for my 05 CRF450 and was wondering if there will be much of a jetting change? I know some of you have this exhaust and would know. I am getting the std exhaust and not the SM1. I went back and forth deciding between the two after reading the info here, but the guy at CHM told me if I was a revver go with the SM1 and if I used the torque of the bottom end more go with the std. The only exhaust I have installed that seemed to require a lot of jetting changes was the Big Gun system. The Pro Circuit, FMF, and HMF exhausts I have installed were pretty close from the start, with just a twist or two on the fuel screw. Thanks

when i had a CHM on my 04, i had to change the main jet. i'm not sure, but i think i had to lean it out a bit. but my jetting was stock from the factory. i hadn't messed with it, and i should've leaned it out for my altitude anyway, so i'm really not sure if you'll need to do much other than mess with the fuel screw. when i switched from my CHM to Thunder Alley, i didn't have to change anything...... :cry:

I had the Reg. CHM on my 05, and it didnt require any jetting from stock. Maby just a small fuel screw adjustment.