Sign in to follow this  

what is this thing!!!!!!!

If I'm not wrong, it's a power robbing emmission controlling device :cry:

Feeds hot exhaust gases back to the system or something like that :cry:

I recall a fellow TT member junking it with positive results :cry:

it pulls fresh air formthe air box and injects it into the exhuast.its a purpose is to make the exhuast emissions seem cleaner.basically it fakes out the sniffers.

you have a UK or japan spec model correct?

removing it will reduce decel backfire,but it doest affect power.

cheers for the quick reply guys...yes its a euro model,so burned can i rip this thing off?what do i need to do/have to do this..i,e i would imagine i need some blanking caps or nut for the ex maifold outlet where this thig goes etc ..any help appreciated......

p.s yes the bike does pop and fart on decel so doing this wont rape power? :cry:

I have a J spec DRZ-S and I removed mine and blanked off the exhaust side with a piece of aluminum, on the carb side I just cut that hose right above the carb and plugged it. The bike used to backfire and make alot of noise when downshifting but after the removel it's all gone and to me it feels like the bike pulls better too.

Quick question:If i blank off the pipe/hole in the cylinder head,it wont generate pressure and end up blowing a seal will it?I mean its not a breather for the cylinder haed or something similair,my bike is a jap spec 2003 `s` model.Cheers for the reply.

Andy . United Kingdom

:cry::cry: took this thing off last night...and got a fitter where i work to make me a blank using the gasket...exellent!just been out on the bike and it feels as if it picks up better??maybe me :cry: and the popping from shutting off the throttle has gone!!!!!!

thanks again richiedrz

:cry:

You may perceive a change, but any real increase in performance is unlikely. You see this topic discussed all the time vis-a-vis the new WR450. I haven't seen anyone present a good case for why these systems rob any power. They may raise exhaust temps slightly (due to the combustion of unburnt fuel) but the amount of any improvement is not likely to be significant.

took this thing off last night...and got a fitter where i work to make me a blank using the gasket...exellent!just been out on the bike and it feels as if it picks up better??maybe me and the popping from shutting off the throttle has gone!!!!!!

thanks again richiedrz

This sounds similar to the PAIR system fitted to a lot of suzukis, the SV1000 has to have the PAIR blocked up if fitting aftermarket Cans to stop backfiring on the over-run, it consists of a solenoid attached to the airbox, this opens to allow fresh air to enter the exhaust, very easy to remove and well worth it on the SV1000

Andy

SAHKOMIES sorry i couldnt get a good pic now that it is reasembledbut the easiest way to blank off the head inlet for the emissions device is to take off the inlet pipe which is bolted to the head above the exhaust manifold outlet using 2xm5 allen bolts and behind that is a gasket ....i took this off and used it as a template and then cut it out of a peice of 3mm aluminum plate drilled the hole centres for the 2xm5,s and reused the original gasket to put it all back together.......job done! :cry::cry::cry::cry: