[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Left side engine cover, Hmm HELP

Hi

I was wondering if i were to remove the left side engine cover(the oil filter side) will there be any suprises lurking behind it? Or is the only work the screws I see on the outside?

Thanks

No thats it .I had mine off yesterday.Remember there it oil in there.Oh when you take the cover off the gasket might break mine did and leaked a little oil when i put it back on.I ordeded a new gasket as a backup.To fix the gasket i took some gasket material and put it in between the break and tightened it down and worked fine no leaking.Just be careful.

I had my left cover off to put on a flywheel (TrailTech +11 oz - I love it) and my gasket mostly stuck to the cover. One little section stuck to the engine case and I freed it with a little knife blade. Just be carefull when you seperate them, go slowly, you should be fine.

I just finished my business with it this morning and I only a little little peice of gasket, maybe 2-3cm wide came off, so instead of waiting a week for a new gasket I put on a hi-temp rtv silicone gasketmaker and beaded it the whole wya around I hadnt tested it but I dont think I should have any problems, should I?

I called my friend that works the parts counter at my local honda shop about that and he reccomended not to use silicone.Just in case some gets in the engine.You should of done what i explained in the previous post.It worked with no leaking.Good luck.

I just finished my business with it this morning and I only a little little peice of gasket, maybe 2-3cm wide came off, so instead of waiting a week for a new gasket I put on a hi-temp rtv silicone gasketmaker and beaded it the whole wya around I hadnt tested it but I dont think I should have any problems, should I?

You'll be alright as long as it was a very thin coating.