Sign in to follow this  

Sticker/graphics removal-help

Hey guys, does anyone got a good way to remove old graphics from a bike, so you can put new ones one? I tried to remvoe my old ones, but they are very brittle and when i try to peel them off, they just break :cry: . Thanks

auto store and try 3m ashesive removal in a red and white can works pretty good on stuborn decals...you can try a hair dryer to see if that will loosen the glue.

Frank

Hey guys, does anyone got a good way to remove old graphics from a bike, so you can put new ones one? I tried to remvoe my old ones, but they are very brittle and when i try to peel them off, they just break :cry: . Thanks

Using a powerwasher is an extremely good idea.

Also, you can take a heat gun or hair dryer and heat them up making it easier to peel off.

For a recent changeout of shroud graphics I put the whole shroud in the clothes dryer on a sweater rack. Left them in for about 20 minutes and they got good and hot. The graphics came off in one piece with ease. :cry:

I dont know if I would use a pocket tourch on the tank graphics.

That sounds dangerous!!

Even holding the piece under a running tap with hot water while pulling the stickers off will soften up the glue enough. I've used that to get the graphics off of OEM sportbike plastic.

Chris.

My pressure washer took them right off two bikes in a jiffy. Took about 98% of the glue too, so only a little cleanup was in order before installing the new stuff. :cry: