Can't shift into 2nd & up

I recently performed a major overhaul of my bike.

-Replaced wheel bearings

-chain & sprockets

-chain slider & guards

-Carb vents hoses

& Throttle & Clutch cables.

I just got it back up and running and attempted to go out for a spin. I immediately noticed that needed to make an adjustment to the clutch cable as it wouldn't fully disengage when in 1st and the clutch all the way in (the bike was creepng). I made the adjustment and everything was great. ?

I got on and started to take off in 1st............... I then pull the clutch lever all the way in and tried to shift into 2nd but.............. it won't move at all. ?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I'm sure once you start looking you will find the problem. Not enough information to help you from here. Obviously you need to check for binding at the shift lever. If everything external is OK you will need to remove the rt side engine cover and the clutch to expose the gear shift indexing mechanism.

You were moving when you were trying to shift, right?

HA HA HA HA, I am a dumbass ?? . I took a few extra minutes and knelt down to see what was going on.

My shifter was put on the spline with a 1-2 tooth rotation in the clockwise direction and when I tried to shift it was contacting my case guard bracket. Preventing me from shifting up :devil:?

Damn. I was scrathing my head for a few there. We got it now !!!!

??