DRZ 250 Clutch Drag Info

Have you had problems with clutch drag on your DRZ 250? Just brought home a DRZ for my son and the clutch drags after the first ride. I checked cable operation and the drag is definitely not cable mechanism related. Wandering is there is any history on this problem with the DRZ 250. I searched the forums, but nothing specific on the DRZ 250.

Thanks,

spodelee

DRZ 400 05'

DRZ 250 05'

I own a 2001 DR-Z250 and have not had any problems with mine. I don't think this is a common problem with the 250. Since it looks like you bought new, you should have a warranty and I would take it back to the shop you bought it from and have them take care of it. The 250 is a great bike in my opinion, I hope you can get this fixed.

I own a 2001 DR-Z250 and have not had any problems with mine. I don't think this is a common problem with the 250. Since it looks like you bought new, you should have a warranty and I would take it back to the shop you bought it from and have them take care of it. The 250 is a great bike in my opinion, I hope you can get this fixed.

Yes it is!! however i had the same problem. I just took it to the shop and had it fixted then they told me that it was my cluch shaft or somthing like that well it costed like 150 $$ its fixted now but it sucked to come up with the cash ?

Me too? What is clutch drag?

Clutch drag is when the clutch doesn't fully disengage the engine:

* If the clutch is dragging, when you push the bike in gear with the clutch engaged it will be harder to push than if the bike is in neutral.

* Rotate the rear wheel (elevated) with the engine off, in gear and the clutch engaged. If you can't turn the rear wheel without feeling engine compression, the clutch is dragging against engine compression.

* Difficulty stopping because the engine is still driving the rear wheel even though the clutch is engaged.

* The bike "creeps forward" while idling in gear with the clutch engaged.

Spodelee

Get it fixed because the end result is probably going to be prematurely worn clutch plates. Don't be surprised if the shop denies your warranty claim because worn clutch plates aren't included. If this happens, you will have to make your case that had it not been for the clutch problem, the clutch wouldn't be worn.

Several things can cause clutch drag, the most common is using the wrong oil, could be an adjustment, or ????

Spodelee