KLX400-What they like

Stonecold, I had a 2001 DRZ Suzuki, which the KLX400 is same thing, the newer DRZ/KLX have more tunable and dual stage compression on the suspension settings which is good because my 2001 was plush but to soft for agressive riding, Bike was a little to heavy and felt a little nervous at med/high speeds. The motor was fantastic, best part of the bike from down low to up top (with new pipe and jetting) it ran right with the KTM 400's and a click or two in back of the WR's. The bike feels big in comparison to the KLX300 and like I said has a nervous feel to it. It would turn fantastic, shifted very smoothly, clutch pull very light, never had any gear or clutch problems, but I'd wish they'd added a 6th gear, the motor was sure willing for more MPH.

I would buy one again, if I had to choose between the KLX300 vs 400 ?

tough call, fireroads, big hills, casual trails, harescrambles=KLX/DRZ400

Enduros, MX Track, rough gnarly terrain=KLX300

both bikes can do either and all fairly well, I'm just listing where they shine more. Best of luck, don't think you would go wrong with either. Borsy

• 2 weeks later...

So far so good on my '03 KLX 400. She's handled great off road, and did just fine screaming through the mountains of VA on road. Plenty of power IMHO, she screams. I just finished switching out her clothes today...I feel a full motard conversion coming down the road.

022504004.jpg

022504017.jpg