Sign in to follow this  

DRZ-400 CV Carb for a DRZ-250?'s Burned...

I just picked up a used carb from a fellow TT'r (Thanks Dustee). I've read about carb upgrades and thought this might not be a bad idea. I've taken my stock carb off many times, and notice the 400 carb has the same config for the cable. Now what do these other hoses go to? and the electrical plug? What is the MM size difference? I'm guessing i'm going to need another intake manifold.

I hear Burned is tha man on this sort of stuff, but appreciate any feedback.

Will this give me better performance?

:cry::cry:

the drz 250 has a flat slide mikuni.not sure on the size,but i dont think the cv from a 400 is a upgrade.

the 400 carb is a bsr36.

the plug is for the tps.the small hose is the vacuum to the petcock.the hose with the 90 degree angle is the bowl vent.

if you do this swap and like it pm me.i will buy your 250 carb.

My CA DRZ-250 has the BSR-32 CV carb. and it has no needle adjustments, just one fuel screw that was blocked off by a cap (that I drilled out) I also get a hesitation at 80% throttle.

What do you think?

ah,i see.a cali model.

well,thats up to you.do they make a dynojet kit for your bike?if so,that the way to go to fix the bog.

other wise,you can adapt the 400 carb and go from there.

Is there an intake manifold that will let me bolt on the BSR-36?

Any pointers for me?

I got my DynoJet jet kit for my CA DRZ-250 from Moose Racing, came with many main jets and a new stainless needle.

I've also been thinking about a DRZ 400 carb for my bike, but haven't looked too much into it, though...