Sign in to follow this  

'05 Plastic Right Side Panel Needed!!!

If anybody(individual or shop) could help me get this part quick I would appreciate it.

Part #8000 A4220 "R.H. panel"

Could you please PM me if you have this piece?

Thank You,

Travis Epperson

I have been waiting impatiently since November for a left side panel, blue piece over the tank. I was told yesterday that they are now in the US. In the mean time I chased a:

British conection "we had some, they all went to guys that want to make 04s look like 05s".

Austrailian conection: "Waiting on the same piece for my own"

Cemoto in Italy: "We will have replacements by late Feb" This one has my attention as the stock plastic is way to brittle!

I just heard another fellow 05 TE-510 owner fell this weekend and his left side panel "exploded"............ Yikes this is not good news. I'm gonna talk with my dealer today and ask him to get some answers.

wait a minute....hey didn't that first article in Dirt Rider what like last month when they met the Husky guys in new york to test ride the TE line......didn't they say they broke some plastic on one bike? they shrugged it off like they were such great riders they abused the bikes..

............maybe I guess it can be thought of first year plastic.....problem seeing how they changed the bike styling this year. Hope to hear some good news on this

Mine broke without crashing. I don't remember even brushing against anything for that matter :cry: . Suddenly the bottom 3/4 of it was gone. The temperature was in the 40's.

Travis Epperson

I've been looking at an 05 but these posts make me nervous about the parts situation. I unloaded my old Husky because I couldn't get parts.

Is this still going to be a problem?

I am a Husky newbie too, but I am committed to the product line. Having a good husky dealer neaby I believe is an important consideration. A dealer that will get on the phone and hustle on your behalf to get parts. My dealer has a good reputation.

That plus the 2004 Proton finance deal that gave the Parent company of husky, MV Agusta.....$90 million shows the company will be strong in the future. See this week's Cycle News article.

Other husky TTers have posted how Husky has taken care of any problems. My faith is still strong, but notice I do plan to keep my DRZ if only becasue if I crash and break a husky part and it takes 30 days to ship it, at least I'll have my back up bike.

If I was only going to have one bike..I too may have been nervous, not about the New Husky quality but again I fall and if I break it..I know the euro parts train is not like the Jap bikes..I can't get a part expressed in 3 days like I can for my DRZ - that is a fact of life.

BTW the 04 plastic has been fine..if this is an issue for the 05 I'm confident it will be resolved......It may be nothing.I dont mean to inflame something that may be nothing.

I never had a problem getting parts for my '04 TE450. George Erl at Up-Tite was awesome last year for my parts needs. They were actually quicker to my door then any Japanese bike I have owned. Aftermarket parts not included. I'm hoping this year is the same but nobody has stepped forward on this deal yet.

Travis Epperson

My plastic exploded, it was a 20 degree day and I went down on some black ice (over dirt). Obviously there is a problem with their plastic, I have an aftermarket front fender now, will have Cemoto side panel when they have them available. I spent enough time in the industry to see how things work, example the plastic comes from an outside vendor, something probubly was changed in some formulation and the manufactoror gets blamed.

Myself, I am a bit frustrated but when I ride it, it feels 1/2 the weight of a KTM & turns 5 times better, angle on the phun meter is way up. It will take many more frustrations to get me to defect.

Just ordered my plastic from Premier Motorsports in Phoenix today. Call them at #602-867-8293. Ask for Olga or Dustin and tell them "Travis Epperson" sent you. I'd appreciate it!

Thanks and Good Luck,

Travis

HOW BRITTLE?????

Been out on my 05 TE450 4 times & already need rear fender, R/h Blue side panel & Headlight panel!!! I havent even had a crash yet, just dropped onto my mates KTM 200 :cry:

I hope this will soon be resolved I'm devastated :cry: C'mon Husky you can do better than this, my 04 TE had some real punishment & I didn't break a thing

Just ordered my plastic from Premier Motorsports in Phoenix today. Call them at #602-867-8293. Ask for Olga or Dustin and tell them "Travis Epperson" sent you. I'd appreciate it!

Thanks and Good Luck,

Travis

Cancel that!!!

I was called by Premier today and told that they have been told by Cagiva that the plastic is backordered with no delivery date in sight. :)

Aaaaargh :) I don't know how it could go from being here to not being here in a week. Anybody else having any luck.......or not?

Travis Epperson

Crazy! I am still on that list going back to mid November yet in December a british dealer told me he had had 05 plastic and sold it out to guys that wanted their 04 to look fresh.