Sign in to follow this  

Broken coverkick starter side 2004 510TE

While kick starting my 510te about 3 miles into the trail I noticed two cracks in the upper left portion of the right hand side engine cover The cracks were on both the upper and lower portions of the cover in the round section of the cover located near the kick start shaft. This caused an excessive oil leak making for a bad day and a long walk. Has anyone had a similar problem and how good is Husqvarna on covering obvious manufacture defects like this.

:cry:

While kick starting my 510te about 3 miles into the trail I noticed two cracks in the upper left portion of the right hand side engine cover The cracks were on both the upper and lower portions of the cover in the round section of the cover located near the kick start shaft. This caused an excessive oil leak making for a bad day and a long walk. Has anyone had a similar problem and how good is Husqvarna on covering obvious manufacture defects like this.

If you click through some of the threads in the Husky forum, you'll find that Husky is really amazing with how they cover these types of things. They'll make it right!!

So how did he cracks happen? from using the kickstart or it just showed up?

did you have the new warranted parts instaled yet? if not. talk to your dealer as there are new parts to correct the problem (under warranty) the side cover may be covered as it is a result of the old kickstart parts. :cry::cry:

The cracks occurred from use of the kick-starter, as I move the kick-starter I can see the cracked section of the case pull away and open up. :cry:

Sounds like you've got the original parts in. As I understand... something in the kickstart assembly comes loose and tears a hole in the casing. You're lucky that there are only two cracks, some guys on TT have had holes blown in the casing.

I didn't have any trouble but Husky swapped the parts under warranty.

Got the bike back from the Dealer everything was covered this works out great now I can put the old XR 600 away once more and have some real fun. :):)

It's nice to hear that youz guyz are being well taken care of!! I've been watching these posts to see if a Husky is in my future!