Electric Leg RMZ-450

Hey the new RMZ-450 has landed in New Zealand, Awesome looking bike. Has anybody heard if there going to make a Enduro model of the RMZ-450 to replace the "ol" DRZ? I think it would be the best thing that Suzuki could do,I don't like the DRZ because of its weight & its got a huge fat feel. Surly Suzuki will make a RMZ-450E or something like that, Just like what Honda has done to the CRF-450X & also Yamaha with the WR-450. Any Idea ?

No one (except Suzuki) really knows when an e-start version of either the RMZ250 or RMZ450 will be available. Not soon enough for me though. I sold my DRZ400 a couple months ago and will probably buy an '05 Husqvarna TE450 or '05 Yamaha WR450. The DRZ has an excellent engine, and is a fantastic play bike, but like you said - too heavy and too wide. When a DRZ owner wants to move up, Suzuki has nothing. Have you seen how many Yamaha WRF's and Honda CRFX's are out there? Suzuki is missing out on a big chunk of sales in this category.

I talked to 2 Suzuki dealerships on the weekend. They said Suzuki already has a DRZ450 in the works, to be released as an 06' model. It is supposedly the same chassis/engine as the RMZ with a 5 speed tranny, headlight,etc., didn't ask about electric start, but I would expect it. Also a LTZ450 race quad.

Hmm.. All sounds good,I've never been a huge Suzuki fan.I've heard & seen some not to good things about Suzuki,Gearbox/clutch problems etc. But if the RMZ stands the test of time then maybe they will be onto a winner,They are about 4 grand cheaper here in new zealand than the Yamaha's ( Which I ride )... Thats alot of $$$$ to save on a bike. But then the yamaha is a well built machine thats been very reliable. I really like the look of the RMZ-450.

I hope they don't just put a 450 into there outdated DRZ... That would suck.