Sign in to follow this  

Im gonna get a ticket..

Its crazy fun riding a dirtbike on the street. You make great time and thers all kind of fun ways to horse around. In fact its so much fun it feels illegal. I havent been ticketed in a decade, but I have a feeling that could change very easily . My DRZ400 is technically legal, but its a far cry from stock and I feel nervous around cops, even when Im behaving. I feel that they somehow know that Ive been bad, making noise, poppin wheelies and stuff. :cry:

Hey, anyone remember that vid of a Cop "Trying" to chase a Dirtbike? :cry::cry:

I Wish someone who has it could repost it, Lost the copy I had... :cry:

Its crazy fun riding a dirtbike on the street. You make great time and thers all kind of fun ways to horse around. In fact its so much fun it feels illegal. I havent been ticketed in a decade, but I have a feeling that could change very easily . My DRZ400 is technically legal, but its a far cry from stock and I feel nervous around cops, even when Im behaving. I feel that they somehow know that Ive been bad, making noise, poppin wheelies and stuff. :cry:

Fun, huh? :cry::cry:

Ya it was fun for the guy around here 3 days ago until he DIED doing it. He got chased by the Police, of course he did not stop. The Police called the chase off and a short distance down the road he chased and DIED.......He was having fun too, till the wreck.

Ya it was fun for the guy around here 3 days ago until he DIED doing it. He got chased by the Police, of course he did not stop. The Police called the chase off and a short distance down the road he chased and DIED.......He was having fun too, till the wreck.

Doesnt sound too bright.

Just to clarify, Im not talking about criminal activity or unlicesed machinery.

I was going to sand pit near my house on my xr200 and the cops arrested me and impounded my bike. The bale was $50. I also had to pay a fine of $1500.

I'm not talking about running from the cops or doing anything illegal either. It's just fun riding a dirtbike on the street, it feels like you are doing something "bad" even though you're not. It adds a certain element of excitement to dual sport riding. :cry:

You know, its people like you who really MESS up dirtbiker's reputations.

I just watched that cop video. that was funny as crap. How did the bike get over the tracks? did he jump them? Ive gone over tracks a few times and its not that easy.

WHat did he do wrong? :cry:

Gotta agree with you. That feeling is why the mags call bikes like the Duke "Hooligan bikes". :cry:

My favorite is riding through torn up closed streets (after their gone) while the cars turn around. :cry:

Be advised that acting up on a dirt bike as you've described is a primary reason why the general public has a negative view of this sport. And that's conducive to LOSING safe, leagal riding areas. :cry:

The city council has a lot more power than you do.

Lighten up cupcake, your reputation really aint my concern. This isnt some hick town out in the middle of flyover country. Dont be so sensitive fer chrissake. Your riding areas are disappearing because of environmental and liability concerns, not because of some guy on a dualsport bike downtown.

I dunno...If I was a cop I would just leave bikers alone(unless it's your get-away vehicle after robbing a bank). I mean, we are definitely a more skilled driver than the average idiot cager. And a 300lb bike vs a 3000lb car usually means that you can only hurt yourself by driving recklessly. But then again, i'm not a cop, and i'm not much of a hooligan either because i've had a few close calls even while driving cautiously. Maybe they are looking out for our own safety? But hey, I thought that people liked to see wheelies? :cry:

But hey, I thought that people liked to see wheelies? :cry:

Yeah same here :cry::cry: ? Nice avatar by the way! :cry:

way to be a buzzkill man, try to cry in a differant way so you dont sound so depressing.

and its people like you that other dirtbikers cant stand

Seriously... how many dual sports are there out there on the road?

Compared to the legions of squids on their crotchrockets we look like saints.