Sign in to follow this  

2nd day at Delle ride report

Rode around Delle Friday and Saturday. The weather was too nice to pass up.

Fridays ride we stayed mainly on the west side of the Cedars, the sand loop,etc. Saturday I was over near the gas station/horse corral and did the singletrack from the parking area out to Rydalch pass. I skipped the Hastings cutoff pass because I thought it would be too muddy and snow covered. Turns out the main pass road was very muddy and icey also, but I went across anyway. It was pretty nasty in a few areas going from very wet mud to ice patches. I could see where a few 4 wheelers had turned around and gone back down.

Unfortunately there is another snowstorm in the forecast that will probably wet everything back down for a while.

Were any other TTr's out there Saturday. There were quite a few people parked out there on Saturday.

I just got back from Delle. The weather was perfect today and the dirt was great as long as I didn't drop below your single track! I tried the pass and made it to the summit, the backside was a muddy disaster though. (I'd almost rather do it in the snow) I turned arouind and spent the rest of the afternoon connecting jeep trails. I got dumped on by the snow storm between Tooele and the Airport. I'll try it again next month. :cry: