Sign in to follow this  

1993 YZ 80 carb for 2001 ttr 125

My son is getting a new bike because he broke his frame in three places on his yz. I'm taking his entire front suspension and carb. I heard that the jetting on the yz 80 carb ttr 125 conversion is a little tricky. Can anyone tell me what ballpark jetting I should begin with and where should mixture screws be set. The ttr is a stock motor and will be being ran with a uni pod filter and a fmf powercore system. Any help that could symplify this conversion is appreciated. :cry:

no clue about the jetting...sorry. but how did he break a yz frame in 3 places. never heard of a mx bike frame cracking :cry:

i think though they either give really good advice on ttr125l.com or bbrmotorsports. on how to jet that carb :cry:

Off and do a search and read the pinned stuff at the front of the forum.

If I seach in my stuff I can find the yamaha part numbers for the needle and needle jet somewhere............

As to cracking yep they do Watched a 04 YZ85 break its swingarm at a SX meeting last week.

I'm going to do a search to see what I can come up with, thanks. As for the frame.....my son was ripping on a minimoto track and took a jump that resulted in serious air! When he landed he bottomed the suspension (however, the fork seals were not blown), both wheels touched down and the bike went for a few feet and then collapsed into two halves. The front half is the bars, forks, wheel, gas tank and radiator and the back half is everything else. Anyone who rides the minimoto track at Metcalf in San Jose probably heard about it. I don't think any one bike has been prone to break like this but almost all bikes for one reason or another at one time or another has had frame exhaustion. It isn't common, but it happends. Anyway he is getting another two stroke 80 when Uncle Sam returns some of my tax money.

Any MX bike that has seen serious riding for a while needs to be checked for cracks in the frame. Even the Hondas with the massive frame members are not immune to cracking when they are seriously ridden. Every rider I know that routinely gets big air checks his bike over every so often.

There is some help in this thread... TTR125 Tech Tips, Mods, Questions/Answers, & Carb Jet Understanding . go look at the main page for Yamaha TTR and I believe it is always on the first page. And if you find out, what the jets are that work right with your mods, please let me know because I have just about the same except for a BBR filter. Well Maybe that will help. Hope so. :cry::cry: