Sign in to follow this  

is something wrong here? (pics)

I'm changing the jets on my bike. I'll explain as I go along so if I did something wrong, please correct me. If you look at the jets in a triangular pattern, the 25 pilot jet that I'm pointing to is on the top, the 142 main jet is on the right, and the 62.5 jet is on the bottom. Is that correct?

Someone went inside the carb and changed the main to a 122.5 so I bought a 142 and put that in. That is the jet on the right with the plastic underneath. Correct?

I went to install the 25 pilot and the jet that was already in it said 25 on it. That is the one I'm pointing to on the top of the triangle. Is that correct?

The 25 pilot I bought doesn't match up with the one I took out. (see pic #2) What is wrong here?

The other jet next to the 142 and below the pilot jet is the 62.5 jet. That stays. Is that correct?

carb2.jpg

Pic #2

carb4.jpg

as you can see in pic #2, the threads do not match up. The jet on the left is the one that is in it now. The other jet on the right has a different pitch. What gives? Thanks for any and all help.

Chuck.

ok, so what you're telling me is that a monkey sold me the wrong pilot jet?

Its always best to have a look at the jets, or bring them in with you first time around for buying jets for a bike. Everytime I've ordered jets bike specific I've got the wrong ones or they can't figure out which jets it uses (at dealerships). That or just bring the whole carb with you :cry: