Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

ATTACK of THE WOLF! - Georgetown, Saturday 2/12

Oh yeah I be getting healthy and READY to Ride The WOLF!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Greatest Dirt Bike in The World, the 2005 Husqvarna TE-510, boomer and yours truely will be at Georgetown/Rock Creek OHV trails this Coming Saturday, Feb 12, 2005. Breakfast at 6:00 am at the Corner Kitchen and staging at 7:00 am at Darling Ridge.

http://www.husqvarnausa.com/2005/images/bits/btm_te510.jpg

ALL Things have CHANGED..........Time waits for NO one.

Great News Bob!! :cry:

Your very lucky :cry: I read in cycle news that production of 05 four-stroke husqvarna's has been halted :cry: Their supply of valves has dried up. They have been using recycled CRF valves, but do to a lack of failure this year the supply has dwindled.. :cry: Your very lucky to have ordered one when you did.. :cry::devil:

Doh, Dom your relentless!

I may be up there with Motomanfan. PS, dont look for me on the KTM. Look fer a shiny new blue bike, and a guy on a KTM EXC with red and yellow boots.....sorry Mike :cry:

speaking of blue bikes. I got in touch with an old friend over Christmas down south. I heard he was riding again. he is a few years younger then me. He was a fast rider when we were teenagers and his dad got him into racing, SoCal desert stuff mostly.

anyway I had heard from his dad thru my mom he would be in town. He had been riding KTM....I guess a 450 EXC I think he said.....but he was switching to a YZ450F for the explosiveness of it he said.........he's riding with a gang of good riders up in some private land half mountains half desert somewhere in socal .......I showed him pictures of our stuff and CC and some Moonrocks...he said yeah they ride lots of simliar single track and rocky stuff too......I asked him but what about that 4 speed MX tranny in the YZ?.....He just blew it off saying it works fine and he really likes that responsive powerful YZ motor.........interesting point of view he had.......I just remeber thumperdad stalling his YZ on loop 5 and having to kick it on the narrow wall.....maybe ya have to be fast and good to enjoy the YZ on the trails.... :cry::cry:

Was that Thumper Dads YZ I had to THROW up the ledge on loop 5? I remember an 03 YZ450 BONE STOCK stuck on loop 5. What a PITA. Good thing the 05's are a bit friendlier. Those 03's were brutes! Never said I was getting a YZ450 though. :cry: Its just blue and silver thats all there is to it.

Hey Bob, I'll probably be there at 7:00 Saturday. We can probably get a couple of loops in before some of the late sleepers show up. :cry::cry::cry:

Next Saturday may be the last ride for the 250 though. It's gonna head south for 351 kit pretty soon, probably the end of the following week. If everything works out I should be picking it up just in time for the big CC weekend. :cry: :cry:

I wish I could edit the post title. Posts are coming in on the husky forum that the beautiful blue, yellow and flat grey plastic on the 05 huskys is too brittle. The panel plastic is too brittle on impact. ( haven't heard about the fenders) This is not good news. ......Seems the big bad wolf is more The big yellow plastic canary :cry::cry:

Unkle moose said apparently a new 510 at carnegie had his left side panel exploded on just one fall. I can't deal with that....I fall alot. I haven't signed on the dotted line yet........I maybe riding the trusty DRZ this weekend.

Just dont crash Bob.

Quit jerking the wolf meat and buy a Blue or Orange bike and be done with it.

I wish I could edit the post title. Posts are coming in on the husky forum that the beautiful blue, yellow and flat grey plastic on the 05 huskys is too brittle. The panel plastic is too brittle on impact. ( haven't heard about the fenders) This is not good news. ......Seems the big bad wolf is more The big yellow plastic canary :cry::cry:

Unkle moose said apparently a new 510 at carnegie had his left side panel exploded on just one fall. I can't deal with that....I fall alot. I haven't signed on the dotted line yet........I maybe riding the trusty DRZ this weekend.

Looks like someone might be coming over to the ORANGE side after all. :cry:

Was that Thumper Dads YZ I had to THROW up the ledge on loop 5? I remember an 03 YZ450 BONE STOCK stuck on loop 5. What a PITA. Good thing the 05's are a bit friendlier. Those 03's were brutes! Never said I was getting a YZ450 though. :cry: Its just blue and silver thats all there is to it.

It may have very well been my YZ450 you helped throw up on the ledge on loop 5. I was riding a brand new 04yz450 and my son had a little kx100 at that time.

I sold that POS and got a 05 WR450, much happier now, much much happier.

The story of the "BIG BAD WOLF" starts to unravel............. :cry:

What next - tranny problem - valves being eaten alive by hungry pistons ?? :cry:

Hay, someone has to be the Ginnie PIG on these new KTM wantabeeezzzzzzzzzzz :cry:

Just think how long the post will be on the exploding wolfet !! :cry:

Go ORANGEand you will be able to sleep at night.

dp :cry:

ok I have calmed down some.......if you see my post was in the middle of the night. I woke up from a bad dream, then got on TT to get sleepy again......and I find Unkle Moose's PM to me about a new 05 TE-510 with exploding plastic, then I see the right side plastic needed post in the husky forum.......and the bad dream I had was I was in a restaurant back room and there were big rats everywhere.....

now I think rats were eating my Husky plastic and it is made in china....

BUT IT is not exploding valves ok...just the plastic which is a first year plastic as they just changed the looks of the bike....so I will survive....as long as my dealer tells me if indeed it is a defect .then husky will send me some good plastic....other wise my bike will look like eddie van halen's guitar in the 80s all taped up..

plastic is a small issue..the wolf's image may be tarnished but.he will survive..

I'm not going for the Great Pumpkin..................This is not Charlie Brown and linus week

could be the Yamaha powered SY250 Scorpa with the long ride body kit. that would be a very good choice.

regards,

Bob you just need to count to ten before you post. :cry: Plastic schmastic, get an aftermarket set right off the bat and take the OEM stuff of and save it.

Cisco,

You selling the KTM? Get the wr450,At least it looks good even though it feels like a turd, is heavier by 20 lbs than a comparable 450 exc and has no ground clearance.

Cisco,

You selling the KTM? Get the wr450,At least it looks good even though it feels like a turd, is heavier by 20 lbs than a comparable 450 exc and has no ground clearance.

He belongs to the bike of the week club :cry:

6:00 AM? You guys are F_CKING NUTS!! :cry:

that's why they call me Morning Rider. beat the crowds get the trails good that way long before the 11 am crowd shows up.

that's why they call me Morning Rider. beat the crowds get the trails good that way long before the 11 am crowd shows up.

:cry::cry:

Not any more - once you get the exploding wolfet you will not be able to ride until it's nice and warm out - maybe 12:00 ish !! :devil: You will have to change your name again - to AfternoonRider :cry:

Hey , look on the bright side - you wont have to stop at any of the intersections anymore - your riding buddies can just follow the trail of blue and yellow pieces. :cry:

I just read a Europeen Environmental Report - it seems they have halted all motorcycle offroad riding until they can clear up the mysterious pollution that has suddenly occurred. Seems they whole European landscape has been littered with small blue and yellow pieces of plastic. :devil:

Afternoonrider - you might want to start carrying a dust buster with you when you ride!! We wouldn't want to give the Greenies more amo. :cry:

dp

Not any more - once you get the exploding wolfet you will not be able to ride until it's nice and warm out - maybe 12:00 ish !! :devil: You will have to change your name again - to AfternoonRider :D

Hey , look on the bright side - you wont have to stop at any of the intersections anymore - your riding buddies can just follow the trail of blue and yellow pieces. :cry:

I just read a Europeen Environmental Report - it seems they have halted all motorcycle offroad riding until they can clear up the mysterious pollution that has suddenly occurred. Seems they whole European landscape has been littered with small blue and yellow pieces of plastic. :D

Afternoonrider - you might want to start carrying a dust buster with you when you ride!! We wouldn't want to give the Greenies more amo. :devil:

dp

Dan Dan :cry::cry:

You forget If He Gets It Started

He will be known as NeverRider or BoomerAlphaWolf

Not any more - once you get the exploding wolfet you will not be able to ride until it's nice and warm out - maybe 12:00 ish !! :worthy: You will have to change your name again - to AfternoonRider :cry:

Hey , look on the bright side - you wont have to stop at any of the intersections anymore - your riding buddies can just follow the trail of blue and yellow pieces. :worthy:

I just read a Europeen Environmental Report - it seems they have halted all motorcycle offroad riding until they can clear up the mysterious pollution that has suddenly occurred. Seems they whole European landscape has been littered with small blue and yellow pieces of plastic. :worthy:

Afternoonrider - you might want to start carrying a dust buster with you when you ride!! We wouldn't want to give the Greenies more amo. :cry:

dp

:worthy::devil::D:D:mad::mad::D:D:worthy::worthy::devil: Explosive those huskys are...See you around 9:00 Saturday :cry: Hope the wolf is still running by then.. :worthy: