Sign in to follow this  

gas leak

When i was riding today, I noticed my motorcycle leaking a steady stream of gas out of the carburetor overflow tube. When i was actually riding, the gas didn't leak as much. I had taken appart the carburetor to drain some water out of it, and clean the jets about a week ago. I'm trying to figure out what it is that i did to make it do this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,

-Forum33

You may have changed the float level in the carb. There may be something stuck between the float needle and seat.

Or, there is a problem with having a dynojet kit in the pumper carb....check your sig

Ride on

Brewster

I have an 05' 300 and the same damn thing happened to me. I bought it late in the season and only have @ 100 miles on it. At the time I noticed it, I was with some friends and as you could imagine the jokes flew about the "brand new" bike. I asked this forum for advise...the common opinion was a stuck float. I haven't investigated yet so I don't know for certain. Good luck, tell us what you find.

In most cases it's dirt in the fuel getting by the filter. I put an in-line plastic filter in the fuel line. I can already see dirt trapped in the filter. It saves the trail work of tearing the carb down when I planned on riding for the day.