[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Blow UP?

I'm looking foward to getting a 250f but theres on thing slowing me down. I'm worried about blowing the bike up cause i want to ride down a lot of gravel roads. that means going 60+ mph in a straight line for 1 + miles with out working the powerband. would this blow it up?

thanks

Way Fast :cry:

that's hard on any engine to be held at an rpm that high for that long.

if you are looking for a motard, get a 450 and make the gearing taller so it doesn't strain the motor.

the problem with these 250f's is that they have valve problems at high revs.. you would be actually holding it at high revs for the whole time!! It wouldn't blow up like a 2 stroke the first time you did it but the life would be shortened quite a bit every time you did it.. get a crf250x or 450x or a yamaha wr,, they are geared for that.

Even a 450 4 stroke might not like that long high reving type of riding. Maybe you should consider something like the XR650 or some other dual purpose bike for that type of riding.