Sign in to follow this  

yz250 sprockets

i have a yz250 and its time for some new sprockets and i was wondering what sizes to get. I do mostly trail riding and want to get into so more difficult slower trails. Ive heard that a 13 front and a 52 back would be good but im looking for some more suggestions. thx -Kris

Are you talking YZ250 2-stroke? If so, I run stock 14-50 for the tight stuff here in Arizona, but when I went to Colorado in the high elevation tight stuff the 13-50 ran really good.

I have the same problem bro. I tried some technical trails and hated it.. I just picked up a yz250 with a 14 front and a 45 rear ...Sucks!!! No chance of going slow. Iam going to go with the 13/50 ratio, just to get some low end. I hope that I wont have to replace the chain too. .. I would like some suggestions too.. Trench.

yes im tallking about my yz250 2-stroke and thx ill look into the elivation stuff.

My back sprocket wasnt that small (45) but i know how you feel. and I would deffinitly get a new chain with the sprockets...whenever your changing either the sprockets or chain u need to replace everything. otherwise within your first ride the chain or sprockets will be worn back to exactly how they were before you changed them. -Kris

13/48 and it gave me a little more run at the top and I didn't lose alot off the bottom. Off road.

whenever your changing either the sprockets or chain u need to replace everything. otherwise within your first ride the chain or sprockets will be worn back to exactly how they were before you changed them. -Kris

oh really? well thanks for enlightening us!! :cry: