Sign in to follow this  

how 2 hit jumps?

I see every one else hitting jumps so smooth i mean im a good jumper but when you guys take off from big jumps do you lean back? or seat bounce? or whatever else technique you do, i need some tips..

It takes a lot of practice to get good at jumping. I hope the following info helps you out.

To execute the proper basic jumping technique you should be standing in the central body position. As the rear wheel rebounds from the jump you have to nudge your body position back, which will also cause you to nudge back on the handlebars. The steeper the jump face is and the faster you hit it the faster and harder you will have to nudge back in order to make the bike fly level or how you want it to fly (front end high or low).

Okay so that’s how your body movement controls the jump now let’s take a look at how the throttle controls the jump. You see when you throttle off of a jump (accelerate off the jump) the throttle will also keep the front end up. So the more you throttle off a jump the less you will have to nudge back with your body movements. And vice versely when you chop the throttle off as you rebound from the jump the more you will have to rely on your body movements.

Two common problems many riders have is either jumping with the front end too low or too high. So now you can understand that if the front wheel is too low you’re not using enough throttle and/or you’re not moving back as you take off. If you’re jumping with the front end too high you’re using too much throttle and/or moving back too much.

Good luck, landing too much on the front wheel and going over the bars is one of the worst ways to crash. :cry:

i have first hand experiance with goin over the bars. Two concussions in two months. One, misrhythumed a doibble doubble single section, and 2, i hit a nice kicker. Two concussions. I got the 250f now and it is so much better suited for me than that 85. I am good with that thing.

the problem i have is combining the two (throttle and body english) I have trouble telling how much body english i should use on different levels of throttle. Im sure that all comes with time...but i cant wait til i can confidently fly over jumps. good luck.