Ran it with low valve clearance...

I just got done putting a new top end in the bike (04) including valves and noticed that the intakes were a lil tight, had about .08mm of clearance. It wasnt huge but it was something. I put it all back together because i didnt have any shims and had a race the next day. well after putting about 2 hours on it i tore it back apart to re-shim it and they tightened up a lil more to about .05 of clearance. I re-shimed it and it runs great, but does anyone think that any damage might have been done? what kind?

None.

I ran my bike for one race and a few practices on .000 clearance, (i know not a good thing to do but i really wanted to ride). I then got some new stock intake valves, put them in, shimed them to spec and it fired 1st kick.

I now have about 5 rides and 1 race on the vavles, havent shimed them at all since the install. Yesterday at the local track, it fired up first kick ?

The more threads i look @ the more riders i see that are in distress over there bikes it looks like were going to have to start a suport group on thumper talk to help these poor soles .Think of the countless hours of sleep that are lost over these bikes .Hi my name is Ron Hamp and i own a crf my life has been .

Yep, worrying about your valves going out is kinda like. . . worrying about your hot, 23 year old girlfriend going out and getting really drunk and your best friend offering to drop her off at home cause she can't drive, and you're out of town, and he tells her he's always had a crush on her, and she's feeling vulnerable, and. . . . ??

Yep, worrying about your valves going out is kinda like. . . worrying about your hot, 23 year old girlfriend going out and getting really drunk and your best friend offering to drop her off at home cause she can't drive, and you're out of town, and he tells her he's always had a crush on her, and she's feeling vulnerable, and. . . .

Dont get me started on that...