Sign in to follow this  

05 crf 250x warranty

there isnt one on the X.

Period.

If you get one, see it in writing/contract, and either you or the dealer paid big big $$$ to get it.

No warranty on the X or the R.

The only one you can get is having an awesome relationship with your dealer.

That, can carry you far sometimes!

HR

:cry:

:cry:

how many of you guys were offered a warranty?

My dealer told me that there was no factory warranty and that they could not offer an extended warranty on a bike that had no factory warranty.

My dealer tried to sell me an extended warranty. He said it covered any parts and labor in the engine for 4 years. I asked him if he was sure of this. I told him that I would be racing scrambles on the X and he said Honda didn't need to know what you were doing with it. It all sounded to good to be true. And it was. There is NO warranty on either R or X as they are considered race machines. You could negotiate a deal with your dealer, which would be great. But I think pigs will fly before that ever happens. :cry:

i was offered an extended warranty from the dealership but i didn't take it.

Me too, and I refused it for my 04X.

BTW the yamahas have a 30 day warranty for the WR's and YZ's, I wonder if they will honor an extended warranty? I was offered one for my WR also but do my own work so declined. If the yamahas do have an extended warranty that they will honor, that would be a big factor in bike choice I would think.

I was sold a 4 year warranty as well for $450. I called Honda a month later and they said that there is no warranty on CRF Race Bikes and they would not honor a extended warranty . So i went back to the dealer for a refund. (which he gave). Delers will sell you a warranty on a x or R to make a buck but Honda will not Honor it.

What they are selling is an aftermarket warranty. Honda doesnt have to honor it. They will pay the dealer for covered costs if they are covered by that particular warranty. There is no factory warranty. There are aftermarket warranty companies who will cover these bikes.

Derik

My dealer swore up and down the X had a warranty. I told him I didn't think so and he showed me paper work from Honda that said warranty on all four stroke off road bikes. Only exclusion was motocross bikes. It sure read like the X was covered and I said OK. Never had to bring it in to test it though.