Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha XT 600

Hello there,

Any good resources anywhere for the Yamaha XT 600? This was a "world" model Yamaha discontinued in the 1990s. Not real big in the US, but I've seen them in France and Italy where they are more common. I think they brought back the XT 450 in the US a few years ago.

Thanks,

Matt

I've just bought a brand new 2004 model XT600E. Was going to get the new XT660R but budget restrictions meant a run out XT600E was affordable....

Haven't ridden it yet as I'm waiting for my ankle to heal. I have searched the net and found it a bit light on info regarding the XT. They were still avail new in New Zealand and australia until 2004. Used alot by rental companies here. What you wanting to know?

Yahoo (I think) has an XT user group that sometimes has good info on the 600's. I don't have the link to it here at home. I have it linked at work and will try to remember to post it up.

I had a 1981 xt500. I liked it, but lacked susp. Installed a white bros cam & piston and it really grunted . Alum tank was cool ! Started easy. but a little heavy. repalaced with xr600r.(94) I think the xt might outlive many bikes , seemed durable and easy to wrench. my .02

Hello there,

Any good resources anywhere for the Yamaha XT 600? This was a "world" model Yamaha discontinued in the 1990s. Not real big in the US, but I've seen them in France and Italy where they are more common. I think they brought back the XT 450 in the US a few years ago.

Thanks,

Matt

babbittsonline one word is usually the best deal for OEM parts

you didnt post what year you have or are looking at to buy so i went middle of the 90's. is this the basic bike?

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_xt_600_e_1995.php

it is a very reliable bike, good for adventure touring on 1 lane back roads and dirt/gravel fire and service roads.

not a good desert bike if you like to ride very hard or do any jumping.

if you keep both wheels on the ground and sit down alot and just ride 30-40 mph off road in the desert it is a great bike. its suspension and weight limit its off road performance but help its on road performance.

it is all in what you plan to do with it.