Sign in to follow this  

Which one should I choose '04 or '05 CRF250R?

I have an 04 R and have ridden an 05 R once (friend's)... the noticeable difference for me was more low end power. Other than that, depending on what kind of price difference you're talking about - I don't think it's enough to go for the 05. I'm not an expert rider by any means, though.

You should be able to get an 04 for a pretty good discount over the 05 now. If not, go for the 05.

That's pretty much what I heard about the low-end. Thanks for the info!

Happy riding your '04. I have one lined up at a local dealer. It's gonna be great! :cry:

i think that the updates are worth spending the extra cash, i have both a 04 and 05 and definatly like the power on the new one way better. it is my race bike though, so the 04 will be gettin the most ride time, if you do buy the 04 though, you should update the head, that is what i am in the process of doing right now :cry:

Is this a good price for a never been fired up '04, or go for the '05? Which is 5599. $300 difference. So many decisions to make, so little time. It's finally warming up, it's time to RIDE!

Sounds good Ryno. '05 it is. Finally I can quit bouncing back between the two and just choose one already. I am hoping in the next couple of weeks I will have it.

Hey guys. I have an opportunity to buy an 04 CRF250 (has done 1 hr work) for 75% of the cost of a new 05. I have heard that the 05 has improved low end power performance over the 04. This was main concern in competing with an RMZ/KXF on the track (not saying green/yellow was a better 04 bike just that they did have more torque out of the corner). Would I be better getting the cheaper 04 and giving it some mods to compete with the stock 05? If so, what mods do you guys out there recommend? Cheers KIWIDAZAR

one mod you can't do is put a 05 cylinder on a 04 ---I know of one 04 cylinder failure that took out the bottom end with it---

gotta go with the 05 man...i have an 05 and my riding has a 04 after riding mine he wishes he would just bought a new one..and all i did was put a p.c. ti4 exaust and its rips pretty good!! its more reliable than i thought too..

"LivetorideHonda" $5299 is pretty high for an '04....I paid $5000 OTD about four months ago, by now they should be cheap...Of course that is here in CA so I don't know how the prices differ up there. But if the '05 is only $5600 then I would go for that. The only thing I don't love about my '04 is the bottom end power or lack of. Good luck

i rode a tricked 04 and it didnt touch my 05

C'mon, I rode an 05 and my 04 back to back. Both bikes were stock except mine had a 52 rear sprocket. There really wasn't much difference except the 05 felt a bit smoother down low but that's it. Not enough for me to justify buying a new one. You can go just as fast on either one.