Sign in to follow this  

Osoyoos riding areas

Anyone know of some good riding areas around Osoyoos? I'm going there in a couple of months and again in the summer and would like to do some riding. Thanks in advance :cry:

Don't know about Osoyoos, but if you are willing to drive up to Kelowna while you are in the Okanagan, hit the Bear Creek area. Lots of single track and some nice views on top of the mountains. Just be careful when riding on the main gravel road there is active logging always going on, lots of logging trucks.

Cheers, :cry:

The best is to get a BC Backroads map book and explore all trhe logghing roads etc.

Roy :cry:

thanks :cry: not a bad idea at all :cry: I will do that! I'm sure there will be some trails off the logging roads. I'm meeting a friend there so it should be a blast :cry:

We may have to do that! I've always wanted to ride the Kelowna area! We did Mt. Ida in Salmon Arm last year and want to hit a couple of places this season........by the way SWEET BIKE! in your garage......your avatars nice too :cry:

Bear Creek is pretty good, there are alot of trails off the logging roads.

Lavington is a great place, lots of trails, varied terrain, I love it......40 minutes from Kelowna though, just outside of Vernon. I heard there was good riding in Summerland though and thats a bit closer to Osoyoos.

Hi Malachi, Just a short note to let you know that the riding in the Vernon/Lavington area is fantastic... My husband and I have been cutting trail up there for the last 10 yrs. We currently have about 150 kms of single track, varing from tough, tough A stuff to tough B trails. We also host two races a year up here. The Squeal'n Pig hare scrambles on the May long weekend and the Big Rooster Cross country on the Sept. long weekend. If you come up this way we'd be glad to show you around.

P.S. skid plates, bark busters, rad guards and no whinning.... all a must!!!

We also host two races a year up here. The Squeal'n Pig hare scrambles on the May long weekend and the Big Rooster Cross country on the Sept. long weekend.

Can you PM me with more info on your races, I would have to convince my buddy to race as well, he's got the truck.

Cheers, :)

Hi Malachi, Just a short note to let you know that the riding in the Vernon/Lavington area is fantastic... My husband and I have been cutting trail up there for the last 10 yrs. We currently have about 150 kms of single track, varing from tough, tough A stuff to tough B trails. We also host two races a year up here. The Squeal'n Pig hare scrambles on the May long weekend and the Big Rooster Cross country on the Sept. long weekend. If you come up this way we'd be glad to show you around.

Hey Malachi, C (Yeti, Sasquatch... :) ........you know what I am talking about) and I will have to take you to Vernon as well...Sasquatch saw the pics Loghopper recently posted and cant wait to ride in Lavington again....I think we are heading over to Greenstone in March and will be there once a month til' the snow flies again, Lavington is close so that can be a go any weekend you are game....

just finished riding in osooyoos this weekend. was pretty good conditions as long as you didnt go too high up. lots of good riding near the golf course and high school.

Hey Malachi, C (Yeti, Sasquatch... :) ........you know what I am talking about) and I will have to take you to Vernon as well...Sasquatch saw the pics Loghopper recently posted and cant wait to ride in Lavington again....I think we are heading over to Greenstone in March and will be there once a month til' the snow flies again, Lavington is close so that can be a go any weekend you are game....

Sounds great MXJewel :) Looking forward to riding with you and C

Hey that sounds awesome, thanks Loghopperswife :) and as for the requirments above.....have that and more......minus the whinning though :)