Hawaii Mud/Water pics from Sunday

Today was another wet, slippery, muddy ride. Its been muddy on Oahu for over a year! Today was extra slippery and all day long it was 2 wheel drifting in the trails. Just very challenging conditions. As usual I'm hurting! ?

Our launching point. A very nice neighborhood that never complains about us. We keep it mellow and been parking here for years. Our good friend and fellow rider lives here... ?

1-truck.jpg

Wren up top and Robert pounds thru the water. Everywhere we went today was either mud or water...

2-robert%20water1.jpg

Cal gets ready to cross...

3-cal%20water.jpg

Puinsai_5 looks up a valley. He had a off day today. First he tweaked his brake pedal, then he broke his shifter off. To top it all off he was taking some soil samples:excuseme: He ended up calling it a day early with Cal...

4-brian%20fern%20back.jpg

Here he fell over then his bike was pinned to the ground with a root on the peg. I watched him try to pick up his bike a few times... After awhile he had to cut the root to get free...

5-brian%20pinned.jpg

After P_5 and Cal left Wren, Robert and I pounded out some gnarly trails. We crossed at least 20 rock beds with slippery banks and slippery rocks. Just a full work out for the home stretch. I couldn't help but think Puinsai_5 and Cal were smart for not coming with us. We had to work! ?

Here Wren clears a log

6-wren%20moving%20log.jpg

Robert A.K.A. Naked Man crosses...

7-robert%20water2.jpg

After you cross the river over and over it takes its toll. Still fun though when you tough it out... ?

8-crossing%20wren%20robert.jpg

9-wren%20crossing.jpg

10-wren%20robert%20rocks.jpg

11-robert%20rock.jpg

12-wren%20rocks.jpg

After miles of crossing the river we finally made it out and headed for the beers... ? Here comes Wren with the cooler on his mind... :devil:

13-wren%20dirt.jpg

Another great day in PARADISE! :devil:

Hey Torture, awesome pics. Thanks for a nice Monday morning show. It's 30 degrees here today and the mountains will be snowed in for at least 3 more months. ?

I take it you've re-routed your vent lines on your new WR450 with all those deep water crossings?

I take it you've re-routed your vent lines on your new WR450 with all those deep water crossings?

The WR450 is on the Big Island and yes, I had to re-route the vent lines. Actually all my bikes hit water all the time so I try to water tight my bikes as soon as I get them. I rode my YZ125 yesterday. Had to ghost ride it only twice... ?

Looks absolutely miserable.... Do you guys ever manage to get out of second gear?

?

When we ride no one gives a sh*t if I wanna take pictures. ? We get into the higher gears all day long but the only place these guys slow down enough for me to get pictures is some ugly rock crossing. Other than that we're moving and they ain't stopping to say cheese! ?

Wren is amazing! If ever I worry about my ability to ride when I get older, I think of guys like him, then my worries go away.

Keep the pictures coming! Every time I look at the latest batch, I feel as if I'm on the trail with your crew. None of the pics look familiar, did we ride any of those trails? ?

Wren is amazing! If ever I worry about my ability to ride when I get older, I think of guys like him, then my worries go away.

Keep the pictures coming! Every time I look at the latest batch, I feel as if I'm on the trail with your crew. None of the pics look familiar, did we ride any of those trails? ?

No sh*t, Wren is my hero! We've been having him lead and he never lets us down. He always heads for the good stuff!

These trails were way underwater when you were here. Its a different part of the mountain. These trails are a lot more challenging and you sweat thru these no matter what. Yesterday was as slippery as you can get. It was just like that last trail we rode where we had to go around that tree but everywhere was like that. A layer of greasey spooge on clay. These trails are deep mountain and far from the house. I got a good workout and the beer tasted good! ?

These trails were way underwater when you were here. Its a different part of the mountain. These trails are a lot more challenging and you sweat thru these no matter what. Yesterday was as slippery as you can get. It was just like that last trail we rode where we had to go around that tree but everywhere was like that. A layer of greasey spooge on clay. These trails are deep mountain and far from the house. I got a good workout and the beer tasted good! ?
Holy Crapoli! That last trail we rode was pretty insane. I can't believe how hard it was to go around that downed tree. I tried everything I could to stop sliding down, but the goo kept me slithering all the way to the bottom. Did you guys hang at Caesar's for brew and wasabi tuna?

Holy Crapoli! That last trail we rode was pretty insane. I can't believe how hard it was to go around that downed tree. I tried everything I could to stop sliding down, but the goo kept me slithering all the way to the bottom. Did you guys hang at Caesar's for brew and wasabi tuna?

Cezar took his wife and her friend thru that trail yesterday. We went in another direction. All I can say was the entire mountain was a giant heap of goo... After the ride we all hung out there bench racing and eating fish, etc... ?