Your take on the 2005 CRF450

Just wanted to know what ya'll thought of the 2005 CRF450's and if you could go back and buy it again, would you??? On a scale of 1-10 could you please rate the '05 CRF450 for me???

Below is my edited part....

(Now let me give you my stats: I am

5'10" 205lbs and have been riding since I was 8 (17yrs) never raced a day in my life, rode woods until I was about 20yrs old then went to my first track. I was 21yrs old when I hit my first dune, and now I mainly ride the dunes and some local tracks in Washington.... I've heard (from a quality inside source) that the YZF suits bigger riders like myself.... Are there any bigger riders who ride the CRF 450 without any problems???)

First off your not gonna get to many in this forum to say bad things. 2nd the mags just love it. 3rd, it's the best bike I have ever bought. If anything the suspension may be a little (and I mean little off of perfect) on small little bumps. If I was to have my bike stolen or something there is no doubt that this is the only bike I would want to replace it with.

I just came off of an '03 YZ450 to the '05 CRF450. Power wise the two bikes felt very similar, I think the difference is in the suspension and handling. The CRF "feels" better on woops and feels more stable on stutter bumps at high speeds.

Maintenance on my YZ was very simple. I am hoping to find the same with the CRF.

I've only had the bike a few days, so I can't say too much, but I would buy it again.

John

On a scale of 1-10 could you please rate the '05 CRF450 for me???

11.5 ?

seriously, I am thinking about getting a revalve on the fork ( to accomodate my big ole butt ? ) but i would happily race this thing stock for a looooong time. Best I've ever owned

In the past I have only owned Suzukis, until I decided that I wanted to make the jump to the four strokes. I wanted to spend my money on the best that was available so I bought the CRF. It is a great bike only problem is that it is red. ? After reading the reviews on the RMZ, I will probably be riding one in '06. They should have all the bugs worked out by then. ?

?? I broke my bike in on Sat. and I love it. I need to change the gearing, from 13/48 to 13/50, because I ride tracks, and tight stuiff, and I am going to get the suspention valved, because i weight like 225 230Lbs, so it is way soft for me. But even with that this bike fricken rocks, and that guy goig to sell the best four stoke, to another bike...LOL CRAZY. This bike is bad! Iwas riding wheelies for ever, win in a hour

I rode in the woods, Gold BAr in WA. It was wet, and everything felt the same, mud, sand, hard pack, rocks, river beds, ( jumps were sweet). I used to ride a two stroke and this bike handle sway better, I had an 00' YZ 125. This is the best bike on the planet, trust me! I will drag anyone, and win

I did have a very sore back though, after the firsat day, holden on.....This bike rocks, do not let any one tell you differant.

Wheely machine, leaper, holeshot king, stick like glue to the ground, corner monster, and on and on

Ryan

Forget about cams, pipes and all that other crap. You might feel like you need more play riding one, but once on the track, this thing has every thing you could every want stock from the twist of a throttle. Rode mine for its first race last weekend, 45 minute GP, natural motocross, enduro and bit of superbike stuff all thrown in together. The whole time on the track, all I could think of was what an animal Carmichael is........and mine is stock.

If you can't use it all, your lap times might be better on the 250........ Mine were.