Sign in to follow this  

Decompresion leaver to hard to pull in

Im a new owner to the wr250f 01 so please bare with me. I went for a ride the other day and it was a hot one at that, when i stoped which is what i hate most because all my mates have electric start and i dont and i think everyone knows these bikes can be a joke to start i came across a problem. When i went to pull in the decompresion leaver i found myself hanging of the leaver trying to pull it in. It was like it seized or something so i kicked it freely for a bit then the leaver came loose again so i could use it. What would b the reason for such a pain in the neck to happen. Any hepl guys will be greatly appreciated

Any hepl guys will be greatly appreciated

cable needs to be lubricated, or decompression mechanism needs a good cleaning off.

however, my best advice would be to install an '03 or later YZF auto-decompression cam in your '01 WRF. this cam upgrade would do away completely with the starting drill you hate, and make it trivial to kick start the bike (just like a two stroke). since from the other thread you are already in need of a valve shim, you'll have the cam out so i'd say just spend the additional ~US$115 and swap the cam as well.

complete instructions, part numbers, etc are here:

http://www.thumperfaq.com/autodecomp.htm

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f w/ '03 YZF cam since, well, early '03!!!