Sign in to follow this  

280 mm rotor like windhams

who manufactures that 280mm Rotor for Factory Honda and the Amsoil team.

I have a Rocky MTN 2005 catolog and the largest rotor I found was a 260mm

Sorry, couldn't help but notice your '74 XR-75. Does it still run well? I have such cool memories of riding those back in the day.

I don't know right off hand who Team Amsoil Honda is using, but BRAKING makes the oversized rotors and they have a solid rep. With their "wave rotors" remember you get more surface area out of a smaller diameter, due to the geometric wave design.

Now you'll have to do the 1-finger stoppies across the track like Windham does before the race!!

EBC makes a 280mm rotor kit. VERY strong stopping power. But I doubt you are going to find a team Honda replica :cry:

The Wave rotors do not ave any more stopping power than a conventional rotor, you are limited to how much pad and/or swept area that the pad contacts. Since Braking, oem, and EBC use the same pad, they all sweep the same area at any given time.

We just installed four of the EBC 280mm floating rotors on 450's at Honda of Houston, and they are big. Here's a pic of it on my bike with the stock one next to it to compare.

Img_0888.jpg

They come with the gold anodized caliper relocation bracket and are fairly easy to install. Stopping power is great, with one finger ease. I didn't want more power than the stock brakes, I just wanted to get it with less effort at the lever and it works great. Braking's oversized wave rotor also works well, but it is 260mm so you get less leverage and it costs about twice as much.

www.rockymountainmc.com has the EBC kits for, I think, $135.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. The front rotors that EVERYONE on the Factory Connection and American Honda team use are factory parts = unobtainium. Even though they aren't for sale, at the SX I was picking the heads of Short's wrench and he said the insurance policy on the rotors are set at $500.

Like mxaddict said, they are huge looking :cry: And again, like he said, I don't need MORE power than the stocker, I just want the same power using my index finger, as it takes me both index and middle finger on the stocker. Takes less effort = less arm pump hanging on in the rough when on the brakes...