Sign in to follow this  

My 250X was smokin like a 2 stroke?

I was hill climbing yesterday and at one point didnt make it, i layed over my bike and had to sort of drag it around to point downhill then got it back up,, I bumped started it down the hill and when i looked back there was a huge cloud of smoke!!!!!!!!, my buddies said it was just gas or oil that got in the cylinder???,, But the funny thing is it did bump start down the hill ,, but when i got to the bottom it stalled and I couldnt get it started again,, But there was a lot of gas comming out of the over flow underneath the bike,, i cranked on it a few times( like 5 mins) with white smoke comming out of the exhaust and it wouldnt start, then i played with the kickstarter and it fired right up. Blew a little more smoke then was fine for the rest of the ride, no problems, just making sure this is normal and nothing i should check to make sure i didnt do any real damage?? thanks

That has happened to me, I laid the bike down on a hill climb and the top end was facing downhill, oil comes through the valve cover breather tube and gets dumped into your airbox, then into your carb. I had a ton of oil dripping out of my airbox.