Sign in to follow this  

6'4" handlebar riser advice plz

too tall for current stock setup. can somebody offer advice on a good riser setup. i would like to use the stock bars. thanks

If you want to run the stock bars, the cheapest way to go would be to just replace the bar clamps, not the whole top triple clamp, with taller ones for standard size bars. Applied makes some that are 10mm taller than stock, and you can get them in silver/gunmetal/red/black colors. They bolt up to the stock top clamp using the stock rubber mounts. You can see them here:

http://www.appliedrace.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/scstore/p-M1411.html?E+scstore

too tall for current stock setup. can somebody offer advice on a good riser setup. i would like to use the stock bars. thanks

I've never tried these, but they were recommended here recently. They move the stock bars up 1.5" and forward 1.375".

just curious, would moving them forward defeat the purpose of moving them up. ? bill

I've never tried these, but they were recommended here recently. They move the stock bars up 1.5" and forward 1.375".

Whoah! Now those are some apehangers! I'm 6'8" and can't imagine the bars that far up and out...seated turning would be very odd. May be good for extended desert standing riding though.

just curious, would moving them forward defeat the purpose of moving them up. ? bill

No, not at all.

Billet Racing products has what you need. Great group of guys. I think there site is www.brpit.com

Im 6'3" and always have to tune the compartment (except my Cannondale that thing was Barco lounger comfy!)

I went with the Fastway F3 foot pegs in the low rider position.

Running the Pastrana Freestyle bend pro-tapers.

The pro-taper/tag mounts give me about 1/2 inch or so.

The Bars are over 5" in rise.

I rotate mine just a bit forward of "0" position and with the pegs.....and these bars........very roomy and not crunched, and not crouched over when I ride standing.

Good luck!

HR

:cry:

:cry:

I've got the same bar risers (from Canada) that Family Rider recommended and the Fastway F3 foot pegs that Hawaii Rider recommended. Both mods really opened up the cockpit and I'm about 6'2". :cry:

The bar risers make standing up much more comfortable, and you can keep the stock bars like you want. Sitting down took a few Saturdays to get used to, but the Canadian bar risers are great. I just got a pair for my friends CR500 and he loves them too. :cry:

should i just dump the stock bars and get some taller ones? maybe this would be easier. thanks for the replies.Bill